Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Went Ice fishing with Bernadette and Little Dougie Saturday and we hit the perch hard!!!!! I went out of Selfridge Public launch, we went as far away from the village as we could. Everyone said they were seeing fish in the 6 to 8 foot range so I went shallower. We cut big holes so we could watch the fish and see how they acted when they came through. It was very windy and thank GOD for the shanty. We left our home at noon and got back home at 4:00 p.m. We stopped for bait and walked a long ways, maybe 2 1/2 hour to fish. We caught 30 perch that were between 10 and 13 1/2. The fish hit minnows, wigglers and anise beads on very small jigs or small treble hooks. It was nice to have enough of a variety to see what they wanted, they would change up on us quickly and thank goodness we had what they wanted. They wanted the bait to remain motionless for an extended period of time, then a slight jiggle, not an aggressive jigging motion. Also we had numerous "Big Gills" come through. I think I'll add a couple of other things to the flybox to ensure a nice gill dinner.

Doug Phillips

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Great Doug! Glad to see that you are getting to enjoy the sport more with your wife and kid!

We need to talk soon about the Jack's tournament thing. Rob sent me an email, he has a meeting this week with them and needs to know more. We all need to sit down and discuss it.

Mini

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mini,

Forget the tournament stuff!!!! My hands smell like fish that"I" caught!!!!!! Yes, I caught lots of fish, go Doug!!!!!! Way to go old fart!!! You still got it!!!

I'll call you in a hour or earlier.

Doug

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
SWEEEEET!!!.....
..You web guru's are worth your weight in live bait!! Thanks for getting my ID squared away,...now I can post again!!
Good job fishin' Doug,......it's about time you did something relaxing with the family!!.....You didn't make Bernadette fill out weigh-in slips for you and Dougie did you??!!!....

thanks again webdudes!!!
Mac

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mac,

It wasn't the usual....5 FISH.....5 Alive.....Big Fish Goes.......Total Weight.....New Leaders, give them a round of applause.

It was 30 fish.....30 fish DEAD......get me my knife......get me the batter.......GET ME A FORK!!!!! Time for a nap after that feast.

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts