Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything in the tournament rules that state you can't cull a dead fish. Maybe I am missing something but I thought I heard a guy in a federation tournament last year say he couldn't cull a fish because it was dead but I don't see anything in the rules which are right in front of me. Maybe I misunderstand what he said. Can pros cull dead fish? Anything you can provide me with would be great. Thanks.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I haven't had my coffee yet, does fish offal mean you can't cull a dead fish or you can't mutilate your fish? Its still not clear to me if you can or can't from these posts. I definately understand its a large moral dilemna for many, I just don't want to break any DNR laws.

Mini, what are the rules for the Federation tournaments?

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I got a return phone call this afternoon from a Lt. in the DNR which seconded what Dan Kimmel said that it was "not illegal" to cull a dead fish. At least the DNR officers agree on their answers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.