Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a perch spear and was wondering any spots people have been doing good spearing? I want to try it and heard decent rports from Ginos. Any tips or anything about spearing would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
I like to do most of my spearing in shallower water, where I can slowly lower the spear, and stab them quickly, then pull them right out of the water without pinning them to the bottom and stirring up a bunch a sand or mud. It seems to me once you stir up the dirt on the bottom, it takes a while for the fish to come back in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE(rmack @ Jan 19 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just bought a perch spear and was wondering any spots people have been doing good spearing? I want to try it and heard decent rports from Ginos. Any tips or anything about spearing would be great! Thanks

Try Geno's in 8' of water. Its all in the wrist and you don't always need shallow water to succeed. Get the spear into the water, aim for right behind the head, and blast them.
Good Luck and post a report.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Put a large Emerald Shiner dow there. I t keeps Perch in the hole. Drives them crazy

Try to hook as many as possible but spear the big ones if they start to move out

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
spearing is a blast! I started doing it last weekend and I was amazed how easy it was. having the spear in the shanty with me made it possible to add one more meal to the table when I got home that day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts