Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'M NEAR THE SOUTH END OF THE LAKE. LAST YEAR THERE WERE ALOT OF GUYS SPEARING PIKE. MOSTLY IN THE MOUTH OF A FEW CANALS. SORRY FOR BEING SO VAGUE, BUT THE PLACES I AM REFERRING TO REQUIRE RESIDENT ID. KNOW ANYONE WHO LIVES IN ST. CLAIR SHORES?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Nautical Mile bp @ Dec 17 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'M NEAR THE SOUTH END OF THE LAKE. LAST YEAR THERE WERE ALOT OF GUYS SPEARING PIKE. MOSTLY IN THE MOUTH OF A FEW CANALS. SORRY FOR BEING SO VAGUE, BUT THE PLACES I AM REFERRING TO REQUIRE RESIDENT ID. KNOW ANYONE WHO LIVES IN ST. CLAIR SHORES?

Yes he is typing this right now. I just became a resident last week.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have what I beleive is a perch spear. and would love to learn how. If anyone is willing to teach me when they head out.I am not new to ice but have never speared. I would like to learn to spear perch and pike. SOOOOO any takers just shoot me a pm. Also isnt there a season for spearing? and when is it?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Dagger33 @ Dec 17 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its hard to hit the 2 inch perch with spears in LSC..
I thought you just joined looks like you went back and read our reports from ice fishing last year. LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spearing season is for January and February. I bought my first spear last year and it was a blast. I got all those big perch in Anchor Bay that would not bite. The spearing can make a big difference from bringing home very little perch to getting a big pile of them. The only problem is you need clear water and you need to cut a big hole in the ice. If the water is stained or chocolate milk you will not be able to spear. Just be aware that if you buy a spear it will become very addicting and will not want to use a pole again.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(Bear2 @ Dec 18 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i hope the spearing season on LSC does NOT include Muskies, like it does up North.
How can you tell a pike from a musky from a hole on the surface?

No spearing of muskies in LSC, its right in the rules booklet.

Not all that hard to indentify. Identify then throw the spear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
"I thought you just joined looks like you went back and read our reports from ice fishing last year. LOL"

No i just didnt get to LSC much.. when i did ice fishing wise it was so churned up.. But i musta seen u at the Food Drive at LAke Orion then because u attend everything and are pro?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Dagger33 @ Dec 19 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"I thought you just joined looks like you went back and read our reports from ice fishing last year. LOL"

No i just didnt get to LSC much.. when i did ice fishing wise it was so churned up.. But i musta seen u at the Food Drive at LAke Orion then because u attend everything and are pro?
No I didn't attend any food drives last year, We are organizing one this year and plan on attending this year. And not a pro by any means. I just enjoy anything outdoors. If I am a pro at anything it would be being on the marvin hunting and fishing team. And that is a pro status I don't like.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just wondering how do you make the big hole for spearing? chainsaw? sidenote was talking to a guy out at metro the other day about people not marking there holes, i am going to use colored flags from homedepot and am asking everyone on this sit to do the same. and if you come across a chunck that dont need flagged anymore please pull the flags so we dont leave them for soft water.

·
Registered
322 Posts
QUOTE(fishingfreak @ Dec 20 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just wondering how do you make the big hole for spearing? chainsaw? sidenote was talking to a guy out at metro the other day about people not marking there holes, i am going to use colored flags from homedepot and am asking everyone on this sit to do the same. and if you come across a chunck that dont need flagged anymore please pull the flags so we dont leave them for soft water.

well in my opinion you should always be paying attention to where you are going on the ice. looking for others holes as you walk, i was taught that you should always walk with your spud in hand checking the ice as you go, SAFETY FIRST, as far as opening holes for spearing you can use a chain saw, I auger 3 holes in a row and then open them up with my spud to make them the size of my holes in my shanty

1 - 20 of 22 Posts