Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I was envoled in an accident on Hall raod at M-53 this afternoon and Premo came and picked me up and took me home and let me use his truck while I look for a new car! And to Edeenorog who seen me by the side of the road and stopped to offer assistance. Thank you BOTH!!!!!

My accident started out when a fire truck was pulling off from M-53 onto hall road and the truck two in front of me stopped and then the car right in front of me stopped on a dime and I wasn't able to stop! I am all right, thank God for seat belts! My Tracker only had some grill damage and a cracked radiator. I was going to fix it myself on friday. The wrecker came and hooked on to it and then decided that because it was 4 wheel drive, he wanted a flat bed to take it in. While he was waiting for the other wrecker to come, someone else hit my car, which was still hooked up and in the medium and totalled out my ride!

What a day!

I will post pictures soon!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since I never have figured out how to post a picture, here is a LINK

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had already left the scene when the second accident happened and the police gave me a call to tell me about it. So I got back to New Baltimore and headed right back to the inpound yard to see the damage. The police wouldn't tell me the amount of damage.

The way I understand the law is that because my Tracker was parked off of the road way, the the lady that hit me, that her insurance is responsible! Tell me if I am wrong. I hope not!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
That sucks Mike. I know if your vehicle gets hit while parked in a parking lot, the other person's insurance covers the damage... I don't know about in your situation.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Your vehicle is on public property whether it's on the road or not. Her insurance should pay for all damage.

It's only a problem if you have a crash on private property.

Glad to hear that you are not injured.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
MIKE! glad YOU are ok!
you are right about the ins.! wheeeeee!
edenrog is one class act chicka!
you are in good hands! and lord love that little tracker!
and you!!

xoxoxoxxx

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone....

See you out at JN!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
The damage doesn't look as bad as I imagined it when you were telling me the story last night.

Still, as long as you're OK.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got a call back from the insurance company of the LADY that hit me and they said my Tracker is totalled! They will be sending it on to get paid soon!
It's about time!

·
12,052 Posts
Holy [email protected] dude. I thought this was today. Why didn't I see this before?

The insurance companies usually low ball you to try and not pay out as much, don't accept it, demand more!!

btw, did deb flash you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts