Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Since I dont drive my Envoy ~3 days a week, the local spider population has taken it over. They are in the mirrors, in the vent visors, every time I get into my truck I have to work my way through webs.
This morning a spider the size of my Aunt Gerty decided to perch itself on my door sill, making me perilously nervous the whole drive to work. I keep my windows/moonroof shut all of the time but they still manage to make their way in

We've had our property sprayed by a place in Mt. Clemens for spiders and bugs earlier in the year, but with this weather it seems they are out of control.

Any suggestions to keep them off/out of vehicles?

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Mini @ Aug 20 2009, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cash for clunkers

No way dude!! This ones paid for, and if anything I might lease something in the future (Fusion hybrid?) but Im not getting rid of my 'Voy toy

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Aug 20 2009, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps you could place dryer sheets throughout your vehicle? If it doesn't work, at least your vehicle will smell nice

You know, I remembered you telling me to do that on our boat (and it worked!) but Im afraid my allergies will start up with them in my truck. Do you think those "free and clear" dryer sheets you buy would work?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Eucalyptus leaves are supposed to work for the inside also and spray the area around and under with Ortho Home Defense Max.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Aug 20 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Aug 20 2009, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps you could place dryer sheets throughout your vehicle? If it doesn't work, at least your vehicle will smell nice

You know, I remembered you telling me to do that on our boat (and it worked!) but Im afraid my allergies will start up with them in my truck. Do you think those "free and clear" dryer sheets you buy would work?

What are they free and clear of? I think the pretty smell is what they don't like so if they are free & clear of the smell, probably not.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Ditto on the dryer sheets, worked on the boat. So I bet Bryan wont go anywhere in the Voy until those are gone.
Now your going to have to use our driveway to park something

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Chris, if you find an answer, plz let me know coz we have the same issue...altho ours doesnt sound near as bad as yours.

I'm like you though, I can't take certain smells for extended periods of time or my allergies kick in and I end up with a migraine. def not good.

If you can tolerate eucalyptus leaves...they DID work in our boat. Totally.

My thing was...I'd be driving to work...and stopped at a light...sun is shining and I notice this MONSTER SPIDER WEB on the passenger side mirror ! Looks like something out of a horror flick !

oh...one more thing...I now keep my car in the garage and I don't have that issue anymore.
maybe you could try that ?

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Aug 20 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Eucalyptus leaves are supposed to work for the inside also and spray the area around and under with Ortho Home Defense Max.

We have Ortho home defense already but Im afraid to put it in/on my truck. The house is under control due to the professional service that sprayed, but it seems my truck is the local "spider bordello" or something

QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Aug 20 2009, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What are they free and clear of? I think the pretty smell is what they don't like so if they are free & clear of the smell, probably not.

Supposed to be free and clear of allergens - chemicals and perfumes. It would be nice because I use those already and have a big ol' box of them.
But if not, should I rub the regular scented dryer sheet on my mirrors and vent visors (2 major areas)?

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One more thing - where can I find eucalyptus leaves?!?! Ive never seen them anywhere before... but sounds good because I love love love the smell of eucalyptus.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Aug 20 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One more thing - where can I find eucalyptus leaves?!?! Ive never seen them anywhere before... but sounds good because I love love love the smell of eucalyptus.

JoAnne Fabrics usually has them, or any craft shop.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Aug 20 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Aug 20 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One more thing - where can I find eucalyptus leaves?!?! Ive never seen them anywhere before... but sounds good because I love love love the smell of eucalyptus.

Good to know...thanks!

I don't know if rubbing the sheets all over would do anything, i'm doubting it...lol

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Aug 20 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Aug 20 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One more thing - where can I find eucalyptus leaves?!?! Ive never seen them anywhere before... but sounds good because I love love love the smell of eucalyptus.

Cool! Ill go there on my lunch hour.

QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Aug 20 2009, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't know if rubbing the sheets all over would do anything, i'm doubting it...lol

Well, I could confirm my neighbors curiousity(s) that I am, in fact, crazy!

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 20 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I figured Brian wore some dryer sheets just to be safe.

If he saw the lifeform that was staring at me on my window sill (inside the truck) the whole way to work, he would have had rigor mortis by the time he arrived!

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(blorincz @ Aug 20 2009, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We use this stuff on the boat. Works great and is non-toxic. I don't see why it wouldn't work on cars. I believe WM sells it.

StarBrite Spider Away
http://www.amazon.com/Star-brite-Spider-Na...t/dp/B001R1AQ5U

Oooh! the description sounds very promising...

Which wal-mart have you bought this from? The nearest WM to my work is 12/Gratiot
(eg. the same WM that a murderer tried to car jack 2 weeks ago) so I'd rather not go to that walmart if I can avoid it!! I could also just wait until after work and go to the super WM at hall/gratiot.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts