Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emily found this red spider in the basement of the condo. I've never ever seen a red spider before! Anybody know what kind of spider this is???

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't get a pic before I killed it... it was BLOOD RED though! What more do you need to know! ?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I snapped a picture of the dead spider... it does't look as red now and it's all curled up... but maybe it will help...

razor blade is there for size comparison.

Attachments

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
It's probably your blood because it bit you while you were sleeping...

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, it's not so bad. Wood lice are just those pillbugs...

I haven't seen any down there, but I'll do some cleaning just to make sure.

Now I can quit talking to myself, and go to bed to dream about archnids.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Good Night, Capt'n Mike. You are cracking me up. You weren't talking to yourself; I was practicing my listening skills. (And lmclao at you the whole time!!!
)
A little obsessed? he he My sister is TERRIFIED of spiders!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Spooky! Just in time for Halloween!

I know from experience that is not a wolf spider. They are big and really spooky looking. If you live down South (like I have) they are gigantic! Here is url on wolf spiders. The males are bigger and rounder looking, while the females are more slender looking. Also, they are outside spiders. Once inside your home it is a death sentence for them, which is good for you.

One of 3crabs's buddies was bit by a spider (a couple of weeks ago) it left a big red mark that ended up traveling up his arm.....traveled to his lymph nodes and he ended up spending a few nights in the hospital. There a a couple of venomous spiders in Michigan, unfortunately <_< So I would be cautious myself.

Never heard of your spider
Now I won't freak if I ever see one.

I have noticed since having Sophie (our kitten) we haven't had any spiders in the house
YUCK and she kisses me

·
Registered
625 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Oct 12 2003, 11:43 PM)I'm glad we don't have too many here in MI.
Come to my place, there's lots of spiders. I have it sprayed once a month and there is still spiders., but you get pretty immune to them after a while. I've never seen a red one like that though, that would freak me out too! It's good cheap cat entertainment though, plus a nice heatlhy, protien packed kitty snack!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I'm having the urge to do some foot stomping! Mak just came in here (w/o seeing any of this) and tells me there is a spider in the kitchen. WHACK is all I can say.........

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
WHERE IS SNOWMAKER???? NO COMMENT ON THE ANGRY SPIDER YET!!!

I FEEL THAT I BETTER WATCH HIS BACK WHILE HE IS AWAY. NO PUN INTENDED!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Gross pictures!!! WHY are spiders invading me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Not sure what spider bite my freind last week, but I just came from Troy William Beumount (spelling?)doing fire inspections and visted a second spider bite victom admitted today. (both are troy cops) . The first one was there 5 days. I really don't want to get bit by any spiders now.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts

NASTY!!!!

F'N SPIDERS!!!!

aghghhghghghh! spine shivers!!

Sometimes I don't know what's worse big hairy spiders or little tiny blood red vampire creepy f'ers!

gross

1 - 20 of 21 Posts