Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good spider killer that I can actually squirt on and in the boat that won't stain my gelcote?

I've never seen the spiders this bad.
My wife won't even go on the boat because of them. (Maybe this is a blessing in disquise)

·
Registered
32 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Aug 22 2003, 02:02 PM)Anyone know of a good spider killer that I can actually squirt on and in the boat that won't stain my gelcote?

I've never seen the spiders this bad.
My wife won't even go on the boat because of them. (Maybe this is a blessing in disquise)

Try putting dryer sheets in your boat. Stuff them in the corners or put them in your seat cushions. Also tie some to your boat lines. I know this may sound wierd, but it works for me.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that works for inside the boat. I've done that. And also put moth balls in the bridge.
I'm looking for something I can just shoot them and kill them.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Or just put your boat in rack storage, then you have no spiders. Boat stays alot cleaner, no spider poop either.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
You can soak your lines in fabric softner and that usually works for most of them...at least it will cut down the amount of spiders...outside of those creepy leaping ones.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you can buy some spider killer @ west. the stuff i have (cant remember name) kills them in seconds (looks painfull) it is in a orange and black bottle

·
12,052 Posts
I went to Home Depot and bought a gallon of spider and insect killer with a sprayer attached. Sprayed the docks, lines and all around. BAM!!!!!!!!!! Spiders gone. I just wish I would have done it way earlier.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(bikinigirl @ Aug 22 2003, 12:07 PM)You can soak your lines in fabric softner and that usually works for most of them...at least it will cut down the amount of spiders...outside of those creepy leaping ones.
Plus, with your lines being nice and soft, it will help cut down on rope-burn.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(pinemartin @ Aug 22 2003, 12:11 PM)you can buy some spider killer @ west. the stuff i have (cant remember name) kills them in seconds (looks painfull) it is in a orange and black bottle
The guys at west marine said that stuff in the black and orange bottle will leave marks on the gel cote.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah,I will try that. I was out there last night and had to kill about 10 of them just to get on the boat.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I hate spiders
they give me the creeps.... great idea hammer im going to do that. Next year ill do that right away. Spiders yechhhhh kill them. Snakes I like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts