Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I hope everyone has had a safe and fun winter.This is my first spring at the lake and I was just wondering a time frame of when the lake or ramps will be clear or ice and ready for boats.I know mother nature acts in weird ways but any info would be great.Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone on the water

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Basstracker07 @ Mar 3 2010, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I hope everyone has had a safe and fun winter.This is my first spring at the lake and I was just wondering a time frame of when the lake or ramps will be clear or ice and ready for boats.I know mother nature acts in weird ways but any info would be great.Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone on the water

it varies every year depending on the weather.....there will be many posts about it. stay tuned.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Wally Ranger @ Mar 3 2010, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The last 4 or 5 years I've been out at or just after St. Patricks Day. Usually out of Erie Metro Park.

This was 2 years ago....started at Alter Rd. (picture) Ended up going out of Erie Metro Park.
Now that is PURE Crazy. Wow man you are a die hard. If it is snowing I aint going.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've got an I/O that won't fit in my garage. If it's freezing I'm not chancing it. I wish I would have got an outboard.

Found this 1970 Starcraft with a 3.0 liter mercruiser in it for dirt cheap. Couldn't say no to a classic.

·
Registered
284 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Mar 3 2010, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Wally Ranger @ Mar 3 2010, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The last 4 or 5 years I've been out at or just after St. Patricks Day. Usually out of Erie Metro Park.

This was 2 years ago....started at Alter Rd. (picture) Ended up going out of Erie Metro Park.
Now that is PURE Crazy. Wow man you are a die hard. If it is snowing I aint going.

he is a die hard...he almost died fishing one day but that's his story to tell

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
Traditionally, I'm almost always out in the river that first week in April.

It's weird how it seemed so far away just last week. Then as soon as March hits, it's like dang....time to start getting ready! Unfortunately, my first trip this year is going to be to the fine folks at North Bay Marine for a new water pump and plugs for the Merc. They about died when I told them it was the original pump. Heck, it's only got 511 hours on it!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Mar 4 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Traditionally, I'm almost always out in the river that first week in April.

It's weird how it seemed so far away just last week. Then as soon as March hits, it's like dang....time to start getting ready! Unfortunately, my first trip this year is going to be to the fine folks at North Bay Marine for a new water pump and plugs for the Merc. They about died when I told them it was the original pump. Heck, it's only got 511 hours on it!

Probably should have done the water pump at 300 hours. As far as the plugs go, they told me if she is still running smooth don't worry about them. My Mercury is a year older than yours and I still have the original plugs in it. North Bay Marina will take great care of you.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I had a pict of my boat in the canal on April 20 with an inch of snow on it. I'm going in as soon as I can. My last day of work is March 19.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
When the water temp is about 47 @ Belle Isle I get excited now a days. That's my gauge.

h2o

·
Registered
489 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Mar 4 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Mar 4 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Traditionally, I'm almost always out in the river that first week in April.

Probably should have done the water pump at 300 hours. As far as the plugs go, they told me if she is still running smooth don't worry about them. My Mercury is a year older than yours and I still have the original plugs in it. North Bay Marina will take great care of you.

I have a 2001 Merc 200hp EFI that still is running the original water pump. It has not failed, but I don't want to wait for it to fail either. I get it serviced by the dealer I bought it from new. I know the motor has alot more than 300 or even 500 hours on it over the past 9 years. Should I just have it changed for a new one??

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Mar 3 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Basstracker07 @ Mar 3 2010, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I hope everyone has had a safe and fun winter.This is my first spring at the lake and I was just wondering a time frame of when the lake or ramps will be clear or ice and ready for boats.I know mother nature acts in weird ways but any info would be great.Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone on the water

it varies every year depending on the weather.....there will be many posts about it. stay tuned.

They won today 13 to 7 Go Tigers

·
Vendor
797 Posts
QUOTE(yellowbelly80 @ Mar 4 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Mar 3 2010, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Wally Ranger @ Mar 3 2010, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The last 4 or 5 years I've been out at or just after St. Patricks Day. Usually out of Erie Metro Park.

he is a die hard...he almost died fishing one day but that's his story to tell

Ha! I didn't see this the first time I read through this thread
I guess "die hard" does fit.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts