Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I started musky fishing for the first time, and now I’ve got the fever. I know musky season doesn’t open on St. Clair until the first Saturday in June, so I would like to spend the next few weeks pike fishing. A lot of the tips and tricks I have read for spring pike fishing are the same as the spring musky fishing stuff, so how do I fish for pike, without fishing for musky? I want to make sure that while I am out pike fishing, the DNR doesn’t come by and think I am musky fishing out of season.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Very hard to do. I'm booked for the 19th and all I plan on doing is use much smaller baits for the Pike than I usually use for Muskie. No matter what you try beyond a doubt you will get into a Muskie or two. Just don't fight it very long and if you have to cut the hook so you don't handle the fish to much. Have fun and enjoy.. Bob

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Just don't keep any fish out of season. You know your not targeting them. So enjoy pike fishing and you can keep them. Nothing can keep a fish from hammering a bait when were fishing. Everybody knows that. If a fish caught out of season is accidently caught Like Bob says get it off as fast and as easily as possible. Don't measure it, Don't weigh it, Don't take a picture and you'll be ok.

h2o<---says as long as some fish are in season and some are not your going to catch the spectrum of fish in the lake.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Welcome to the Lake St. Clair Network. If you want pike Anchor Bay might be a good choice. Use a #5 Mepps plain Silver Aglia and castaway. Work different depts till you locate them than try and stay in that dept as long as it's productive. Thank's for posting and hope you let us know how you do.

h2o<--says don't forget the steel leader.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Billfish,,, correction Anchor Bay might not be the place this weekend. Reason Howling Wind Gusts. So if you can find some protected water on St.Clair you might do ok. Southernly winds will pound Anchor Bay with white caps.

h2o<---says Gust's into the 30's this weekend, darn and it will be warm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts