Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im heading to tippy tommorrow for a weekend fish. Its probably too early yet but I am excited. I will be fishing at tippy dam. Just wondering if anyone has been up or heard how they're doin there? I will leave a full report on Monday, thanks!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(RK4BASSIN @ Mar 5 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can call Andy`s (in breatheren) Gordon will give ya the scoop before you drive up there. (231)-477-5737. Your going right past his place if your headding to the low side.

G/L
RK

Andy's is for sure a great bait shop, as for calling for reports, all bait shops will pretty much give you a report that they're at least getting some fish, and let's face it, there's always steelies in the Manistee. I will tell you this, in the attached pic are some steelies caught last weekend in the lower end of the Manistee.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
hey in around three weeks, is there any good steelhead areas around. i've been looking to hook up with my first steelhead. i would be willing to travel up north a bit so not limited to any areas. just wondering if anyone knew about any good spots. thanks

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(soule @ Mar 6 2010, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hey in around three weeks, is there any good steelhead areas around. i've been looking to hook up with my first steelhead. i would be willing to travel up north a bit so not limited to any areas. just wondering if anyone knew about any good spots. thanks

LUD-ING-TON!! Ludington and the PM are some of the best places I've ever fished for steelies. The piers at the mouth of the river are the best places to fish. We go there and fish the surf from the piers and do very well just casting spawn or skien out and letting it just sit. We usually add a good bunch of floats to our spawnsacs.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
QUOTE(rubbnsmoke @ Mar 5 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(RK4BASSIN @ Mar 5 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can call Andy`s (in breatheren) Gordon will give ya the scoop before you drive up there. (231)-477-5737. Your going right past his place if your headding to the low side.

G/L
RK

Andy's is for sure a great bait shop, as for calling for reports, all bait shops will pretty much give you a report that they're at least getting some fish, and let's face it, there's always steelies in the Manistee. I will tell you this, in the attached pic are some steelies caught last weekend in the lower end of the Manistee.

sounds like they are "just comming in"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.