Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my Sprint plan and they jacked my home phone service around. As I was on the phone with SBC to straighten it out they told me about a plan with them (cingular service) that is 100 more anytime minutes, two free phones and about half the price of what I am paying now. I think I can argue my way out of the sprint contract since they lied to me and messed up my home phone service.

What are other peeps impression of cingular verses Sprint?

If I change, it has to be within the next week or so to make my arguement stick.

Thanks,
Jim

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Had Sprint; liked that they had such a large "in-network" area. Switched to Verizon about a year and a half ago. Have had NO problems.

Can you hear me now?

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Switched to Verizon from Cingular 2 years ago and haven't had any problems. Cing. serv. we would bounce off Canadian towers going into roam if you were driving anywhere near Grosse Pte. or down Jefferson and couldn't get a signal on the lake if your life depended on it. Don't know if it's any better.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That's like the choice between a ford festiva and a a geo metro!

One word: VERISON

My friend just got cingular, you can hear a voice, but it breaks up so bad, almost constantly, it's impossible to hold a conversation.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
If you have to choose between Cingular and Sprint, then I pick Sprint all the way. I have much better reception on Sprint than I did on Cingular. Then again, it also depends on where you live and go. If you are looking for good home phone service, MCI and Talk America offer $50 a month packages for unlimited calls and features.

G

·
i'll take cingular.
sprint dropped way too many calls.
and lost service about a mile off the freeway up north.
cingular works in rose city & coolwater campground near caddilac.
not too mention 10 bucks cheaper a month & roll over unused minutes

can you hear me now?????????

good!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Sep 11 2003, 01:40 PM)I've heard complaints about both. Seems most people are happy with Verizon.
YES, VERIZON SEEMS VER RELIABLE.
I HAVE IT ALSO

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
There seems to be a alot of Verizion users on this board. wonder if we could get a group discount on there new push to talk service.

Beep Beep "Where is the party"?

Beep Beep "Is Steves bar open"?

Beep Beep "OPA"!!

Blub Blub "Can sombody help snowy out of the lake"

Beep Beep "Any one see where I left my pance"

You get the idea.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Sep 11 2003, 04:19 PM)There seems to be a alot of Verizion users on this board. wonder if we could get a group discount on there new push to talk service.

Beep Beep "Where is the party"?

Beep Beep "Is Steves bar open"?

Beep Beep "OPA"!!

Blub Blub "Can sombody help snowy out of the lake"

Beep Beep "Any one see where I left my pance"

You get the idea.

pat......lol !

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
B2B
I liked the Blub Blub the best.

I've got Cingular and love it....never really had a problem unless I'm talking to somone that uses Notell.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I bought my way out of Sprint. They were absolutely terrible!

I have Cingular now and have never had any problems!

·
Registered
59 Posts
We have Verison. They used to rule, but when we renewed the contract, they gave us new "improved" smaller & more compact phones. The old big clunky phone had no problem connecting at gull, big muscamoot bay, or anywhere else on the lake. But with the new puny phones I have to stand up in the "crows nest" and hold the little phone high above my head just to get a signal. Half the calls don't make it through anymore. I'm a tad dissatisfied. I'd recommend keeping the old "big" phones if possible. Whichever service provider you go with.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have had sprint for 3 years now and even though the service is getting better I will be switching to Verizon but not until November.

FYI, at the end of November you will be able to take your cell number with you when you switch companies. I can't wait because that is the only reason I am not switching now.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Verizon Rules~last night spent 50 minutes waiting... and that is a MISERABLE wait; but, when I finally got up there I was totally taken care of. Got a deal on the new camera phone by LG, she helped with my bill and altered my plan, even crediting my last months bill with the changes in plan...

Left a VERY satisfied and happy customer; again.

ps~the phone rocks (LG VX6000), does anybody else have one? Looking to try out the pic feature...

G

·
I wouldn't consider anyone but Verizon. I just renewed with them because I lost my phone in the Black River in Port Huron. That sucked because I lost a bunch of numbers that I didn't have written down and the phone, while 3 years old, worked great. Never any dropped calls, out of service, great coverage on the lake (at least to other verizon phones), etc. I've got a small flip phone now and I'll check it out on the lake this weekend.

Look for their best deals and plans in November and December for the Christmas rush...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts