Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best Smallmouth Bass fishing with tubes on Lk. Erie is down around Ruggles Reef and Black River when we have 2-3 foot waves coming out of the northeast. Is this typical of Lk. St. Clair, or is it totally different because of the different lake bottom structure [river current,weed beds,sandbars -vs- reef's] ?

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Ive been trying to get the Perch all year and Im having a hard time getting above them. How ever the good news is those damn Smallmouth Bass are hitting every where. Out in front or straigh out from te 400 club. We tore em up with Minnows. It was very slow in the afternoon but right around dinner time. MAN O MAN They were hungry. Big ones to. The biggest was a 19 or 20 incher. We got 5 or 6 Perch and one Walleye. But the Bass were hitting like the Perch should have been.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey CBJ,

I'm not a Perch fisherman so I have to ask. In a few of your posts that I've read, you mention "getting above them". What does that mean???

Thanks,

Marke

·
Registered
52 Posts
Net Boy,

We've wacked em during dead flat conditions and this past Saturday on the South Canadian shore we did pretty good in 5 + footers dragging carolina rigged Tubes, Erie Darts and sweepers all from Mike's Pharmacy in Morenci, MI. www.mikesrxbaits.com. 1 Oz weights + the drift sock and we were still boggying. Might start carrying 1 extra sock :) Rocks + weeds seemed to be the ticket in the clearest water we could find. Haven't been sea sick in a long time but I was getting close.

Good Luck!

PS - The best fishing conditions on Lake St. Clair is anytime you can get out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
StraMan - Appreciate the info, for I will be heading up to the Mitchell's Bay side of St.Clair to do some pre-fishing for a club tournament this coming weekend. I've been reviewing some maps of that side and wasn't sure how fishing is or will be on the Canadian side but from the reports you guys usually post on this forum, anywhere on St.Clair is pretty good....Thanks Again !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts