Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

st clair light

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  camo ranger 
#1 ·
looking for any reports out by the st clair light. thinking about going there this weekend to get some perch in the freezer.

#4 ·
QUOTE(camo ranger @ Jun 24 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>looking for any reports out by the st clair light. thinking about going there this weekend to get some perch in the freezer. went just south of firecracker about 200 yards east of the shipping channel and anchored up mon. and tues. morning caught lots of perch many of them small only kept 10 keepers each day, lots of silver bass too. Probably not going to fill your freezer but you got a chance for walleye too. Used crawler harness all colors, antifreeze was the best as well as perch rigs.Hot and sunny and not much boat traffic got out about 730 am..

#6 ·
Was out by St. Clair Light this morning. 7:00am there were 4 boats and 7 billion bugs out there. The fishflies didn't bother us, it was the other dozen varieties of bugs that made it miserable to fish. We were using minnows, 1 perch between 3 people in about an hour. One other boat we talked to had 3. They all were caught on crawlers. Moved a ways up the ditch, the bugs weren't as bad but never did find the perch.

#7 ·
QUOTE(kayceedee @ Jun 24 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will second this request for perch reports.
I am taking the kids over to the canadian side and want to take them out for some perch fishing. Any help or reports are appreciated.

i heard they were doing ok by the weather buoy but thats a pain with the minnow laws coming from our side of the lake.

#8 ·
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 24 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(kayceedee @ Jun 24 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will second this request for perch reports.
I am taking the kids over to the canadian side and want to take them out for some perch fishing. Any help or reports are appreciated.

i heard they were doing ok by the weather buoy but thats a pain with the minnow laws coming from our side of the lake.

Sounds like a good place to start. I have had luck out there in the past. Minnows won't be a problem for me as I will be leaving from Mitchell's Bay. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.