Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Went out yesterday morning and fished the light. We were drifting minnows on harnesses with gold blades. We got out there at about 6:30 in the morning and fished till about 3:00 in the afternoon then went back out to try for some evening fishing. So we got out there around 4:00 but left around 6:00 due to the wind and waves picking up. All in all got 4 perch that we kept. all between 11 and 12. And got a 21 inch largemouth. Didn't take any pics due to I keep leaving the camera at the house. Didn't catch anything in between the 4 to 6 evening fish all were caught around 11:00 in the morning. All we did was to drift the hole.

·
Registered
88 Posts
how deep were you? Just a dumb question, but is the st. clair light north or south of metro? I went out a few weeks ago (it over an hour drive for me, don't get out much) fished a light house with decent luck, just wated to know if it was the famous st. clair light. it was south east of metro.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(ninjaman10 @ Aug 20 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Aug 20 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the scl is south of metro on the shipping chennel its a large white lighthouse

does it have a green top and a pleated metal base?

go to www.marinecruiser.com look at the shipping channel on the south end of the lake the light takes place of one of the bouy's. I never paid attention to what it was made of

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(ninjaman10 @ Aug 20 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>how deep were you? Just a dumb question, but is the st. clair light north or south of metro? I went out a few weeks ago (it over an hour drive for me, don't get out much) fished a light house with decent luck, just wated to know if it was the famous st. clair light. it was south east of metro.
we we in about 10 to 15 feet depending on where the current drifted us it was kind of weird one minute we would be drifting south then restart and move up then we were drifting north then east then west it just depended on where we stopped the boat. But we were mwinly getting them on the drop off points. The bass I got the minute my minnow hit the water. i thought geez I got weeds already the bottom bouncer couldn't have even hit the bottom yet. He didn't start fighting till he got about seven or eight feet from the boat then it was like hold on. the drag kept spitting out line and I would reel him in for a bit then bye bye more line peeling off then back in. But my drag is pretty light on my rod that way it is a nice fight for me and for the fish.

·
Registered
38 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Aug 20 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went out yesterday morning and fished the light. We were drifting minnows on harnesses with gold blades. We got out there at about 6:30 in the morning and fished till about 3:00 in the afternoon then went back out to try for some evening fishing. So we got out there around 4:00 but left around 6:00 due to the wind and waves picking up. All in all got 4 perch that we kept. all between 11 and 12. And got a 21 inch largemouth. Didn't take any pics due to I keep leaving the camera at the house. Didn't catch anything in between the 4 to 6 evening fish all were caught around 11:00 in the morning. All we did was to drift the hole.

We were out there by the ditch about 3 miles south of you and only got 3 bass and two keeper perch. It was very slow. Too rough yesterday and today to get out! Good luck next time you get out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
QUOTE(72larson @ Aug 20 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks thats the one! I have several pics of it, the wife has an obsession wth light houses. I just could not for the life of me find my usb cord for my cam. that and my wife didn't want the pic of her ralphing off the front of my boat on the internet. lol motion sickness. I am gonna get back out next week, I will post a report!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.