Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great time watching the races from Beacon Cove this past weekend. Most of the fun was mingling with the racers, talking boats with the owners, the kids getting autographs and taking pictures. It got us thinking about the races coming up this weekend. We're thinking of going. We want to wander on land and see the boats, but we also don't want to blow a boating day. Is there a good place to boat to, tie up and wander? River traffic is stopped btw 11 and 6, so about what time would we have to get there?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just talked to someone at Riversbend Marina. They are booked solid and suggested docking in Marine City or Port Huron and cabbing over to the races... I'm not giving up yet. Maybe something will materialize.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Sand Pointe Yacht Club is going to Riverbend. St Clair has 24 or so on a waiting list. You need to book way in advance for those marina's

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(Pachanga_Rick @ Jul 28 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can stuff you in the rumble seat for a small fee

Did you get your engine fixed?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Pachanga_Rick @ Jul 28 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can stuff you in the rumble seat for a small fee

wow!
Thanks for the offer. I do want a ride someday, but I don't get stuffed many places very well... Are you fixed and ready to go?

I talked to the guy at St. Clair boat harbor. They're not even taking names for a cancellation list... we'll probably go by car if we don't end up boating on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Jul 28 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Pachanga_Rick @ Jul 28 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can stuff you in the rumble seat for a small fee

Did you get your engine fixed?

Engine was (is fine).. the problem happened when we came into the turn WAY over trimmed and almost rolled. The boat slapping back into the water broke some parts that I'm trying to Next Day now.. If I can find them.

But we ran like hell.. just to lose.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
QUOTE(Mohawk @ Jul 28 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Pachanga_Rick @ Jul 28 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Weeeeeeeeeeeeee.
your boat looks really good!
sorry to hear what happened and hope you get her back together for this weekend.

Thanks, I'm just happy we did not roll.. It was my fault and I fu&ked up but it could have been much worse than broken metal and fiberglass.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Bus Driver Steve Picture.. I'm not sure if this is before the race or after the wreck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(Pachanga_Rick @ Jul 28 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bus Driver Steve Picture.. I'm not sure if this is before the race or after the wreck.

A ride in that looks like fun.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
We'll be there Friday and Sunday for sure. Friends got table at Voyager !! Pretty much bring a blanket or chairs around the shoreline is a GREAT view. Probably the best (I would call it) "stadium veiwing " for an offshore race !!!

Same group will be down in Key West for the Worlds. Already Booked !!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.