Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has been out on the St. Clair River in the last couple days? Has anybody been getting walleye drifting yet? If so, where and when? Is chugging still the best bet? I'm probably going to head out by Port Huron or Marysville.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last time out was 06/04 - drifting St. Clair River between St. Clair (old St. Police Post) to Marine City (Edison plant). Got 6 (5keepers): 25, 23, 19, 19, 14.5. All drifting edge of shipping channel with crawler harness (Hammered copper with blood red beads). Jerk fishing is hot and heavy, just can't bring myself to sitting there, rather be floating down the river.

Heading out tomorrow if storms hold off!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made it out last saturday with a couple friends and we didn't do too bad. A few mechanical problems set us back so we only got in about 3 hours of fishing. Started drifting just south of black river and floated down to Marysville. We caught 5 doing that from 7pm till 9pm(a couple nice ones 24" adn 27"). Then we started chugging for about an hour (9:30-10:30). We got another 7 doing that, but they were quite a bit smaller (14"-17") so we threw some of those back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts