Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been fishing the St. Clair river. Iam fishing the MBI this Sunday and I hear this is the place to go. But friday and saturday were very slow. Does anyone have any suggestions. I would appreciate it a ton.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Saturday was awesome in the River. The toads were biting on deep rocks (22 to 39 feet). Sunday stunk. That strong (10 to 15 mph - YEAH RIGHT! I always say you have to add the two numbers together) Southerly wind made things hard for me.

I am curious to know how others did. I only caught 1 3-pounder and 8 or 9 total. I didn't hear the tournament results yet, but there could have been some good weights in the morning before things really got rocking and rolling. Someone usually finds where they moved to or how to still get them on the hook despite choppy waves in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It was'nt in the river nor was I in a Tournament, But i went out on Sunday morning from about 7:30 to noon and killed em in front of the 400 club. Caught a couple of tournament limits with a few 3 to 4 lb'ers mixed into the bunch.

Driftin and dragging green and smoke tubes in anywhere from 7 to 10 feet of water.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dan,

I'm of the guys that helps out with the Sunday NBAA. I don't have the offical result yet, but I do know that 16+ lbs won. 2nd was around 16 as well, with a 15+ lbs and two 14+'s rounding out the top ten. No 21 lbs bags like last week.

Vic Cerabone

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(djkimmel @ Sep 15 2003, 02:18 PM)Saturday was awesome in the River. The toads were biting on deep rocks (22 to 39 feet). Sunday stunk. That strong (10 to 15 mph - YEAH RIGHT! I always say you have to add the two numbers together) Southerly wind made things hard for me.

I am curious to know how others did. I only caught 1 3-pounder and 8 or 9 total. I didn't hear the tournament results yet, but there could have been some good weights in the morning before things really got rocking and rolling. Someone usually finds where they moved to or how to still get them on the hook despite choppy waves in the wrong direction.
We stunk it up in thr river Saturday (Mac and I)....I saw you run past us but didnt see you when I ran up further....

We went back to the lake and caught a few (after we gassed up and had sandwiches & pizza from Walker's Landing). Then Mac and I went to Browns and he left me there with a crew that were heading to the Moot.....I stayed on land on Sunday....too windy for my old body...lol

Mini

1 - 5 of 5 Posts