Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the st clair river today, monday. fished from 10 am until 5 pm, and boated nothing. not even a dink. had one fish on that broke off. (musky?) anyways, just wondering if anyone is catching any fish there right now, maybe the gnt took all the fish out of there. anyways, if anyone is catching fish there right now, i am truly impressed. derrek

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nitroderrek, I fished the GNT Championship this past weekend. My partner and I practiced last Wednesday and were able to boat 130+ smallies between 2.5 - 4.0lbs. in 4-5hrs. Come tournament day we boated 50+. Our average was aprox. 14.4lbs per day. All of our fish came from the main lake on tubes, spinnerbaits, soft plastic jerk baits and R-traps. Both days I fished a rattletrap as fast as I could and my partner flipped tubes to isolated rocks and weed. Once you do find them work the area clean. Good luck!

Steve J.

·
Registered
320 Posts
smallie2,

Why would you and your partner boat over 100 fish on a practice day? Especially just before a championship tournament.

Dave

·
Registered
84 Posts
DMisaras, the fish were everywhere. We fished about a half dozen areas and just couldn't keep them off and I knew we couldn't win with those fish but it was alot of fun. Our best weight from those areas would only be around 15-17 lbs. On both tournament days we lost some nice fish and the funny thing is I don't even think we lost one in practice. One other thing I did noticed was that in practice when one was hooked there was a group with'em and on both tournament days we didn't see any in groups.

Steve J.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My buddy and I fished the river for 3 straight days Oct. 4-6 and left with 10 fish. We did everything we could but just could not put together a reliable pattern. We heard the fish were way up river, close to huron on the candian side. Unfortunatly someone told us that the day we were leaving. I did boat one largemouth that was pushing the 7lb mark so that made it worth the trip. If i were fishing a tourney I would focus on main lake humps and rock piles and probably try to follow smallie2. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts