Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in signing up for the Squadron please let me know.
Our next meeting is November 5th at the Eagles Club at 9 mile and Greater Mack. Food is served at 6:35pm (actually it's suppose to be at 6:30 but the pizza place is next to a Pub so I am always a few minutes late). The meeting starts at 7:30pm.
The Squadron is a great club of boaters (and a few w/out boats) who advocate for safe boating.
Our members teach the classes over at the SCS Civic center. They also do vessel safety checks.
And we also have a lot of fun.
We did rendezvous to Idle Hour, Put-In-Bay, Metro beach, Sunset harbor on Harsen's Island, and the SCS fireworks.
The sign-up fee for the Squadron is not very expensive, I believe it's $42.50 per person for a year right now. There is also a family discount.
If you want to just stop in at a meeting let me know. You don't have to sign-up or pay anything to attend a meeting as a guest. The meetings do NOT last long. Then we get right into the "social" hour fun right after the meeting. Which is usually just telling stories of boating and other random stuff over beers. Beers and drinks at the Eagles are NOT expensive.
We also have free pizza, breadsticks, and salad at the meeting.

So, if anyone is interested this is a great club to join and doesn't take a lot of effort or time...just a lot of good times with fellow boaters and friends!!!!!

Also, we have members of all ages so everyone should feel welcome.

Thanks.

Andy Kay
Administrative Officer of the St. Clair Shores Sail & Power Squadron

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
QUOTE(Mister Kay @ Oct 26 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If anyone is interested in signing up for the Squadron please let me know.
Our next meeting is November 5th at the Eagles Club at 9 mile and Greater Mack. Food is served at 6:35pm (actually it's suppose to be at 6:30 but the pizza place is next to a Pub so I am always a few minutes late). The meeting starts at 7:30pm.
The Squadron is a great club of boaters (and a few w/out boats) who advocate for safe boating.
Our members teach the classes over at the SCS Civic center. They also do vessel safety checks.
And we also have a lot of fun.
We did rendezvous to Idle Hour, Put-In-Bay, Metro beach, Sunset harbor on Harsen's Island, and the SCS fireworks.
The sign-up fee for the Squadron is not very expensive, I believe it's $42.50 per person for a year right now. There is also a family discount.
If you want to just stop in at a meeting let me know. You don't have to sign-up or pay anything to attend a meeting as a guest. The meetings do NOT last long. Then we get right into the "social" hour fun right after the meeting. Which is usually just telling stories of boating and other random stuff over beers. Beers and drinks at the Eagles are NOT expensive.
We also have free pizza, breadsticks, and salad at the meeting.

So, if anyone is interested this is a great club to join and doesn't take a lot of effort or time...just a lot of good times with fellow boaters and friends!!!!!

Also, we have members of all ages so everyone should feel welcome.

Thanks.

Andy Kay
Administrative Officer of the St. Clair Shores Sail & Power Squadron

Andy ,
I am going to try and attend tomorrow night 6:30 ? at the Eagles club never been in that one-I will assume just walk in and tell them I am tehere for the Power squadron meeting? I may even talk a couple of friends/neighbors into attending.

Thanks

Maggie aka InKahoots

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's no problem Maggie.

When you walk in the door go to the door on the left to the small banquet room.

I should be arriving at 6:35, my usual 5 minutes later.

Come on in and introduce yourself.

I am usually the guy with the tie on, but I think I have time to run home and change today.

Everyone there will be friendly so come on in and introduce yourself and have some food!!!

I will PM you my number just in case you need other directions or anything comes up.

-Andy

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, just an FYI, you don't have to have your basic boating certificate to join the Squadron anymore.

However, we do have people in the squadron that teach the class at civic.

Also, that is the only public class, if you want to take the advanced classes you need to join. (i.e. piloting, advanced piloting, seamanship, etc...)

I think our membership fee right now is $42 for a year per person.

There are also family discounts.

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts