Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're heading to the St. Clair marina this weekend. Never been before. Any reviews or suggestions on things to see or do around the marina? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Only been there once by boat. The marina is ok from what I can see. The waterfront park is really nice. Take a picnic out there and enjoy the view of the freighters. Nice board walk also. I know there is a small section on N. Riverside Ave (just north of the river) that has a couple shops including a nice little ice cream shop. You will enjoy.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
QUOTE(Gate Basher @ Jun 25 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We're heading to the St. Clair marina this weekend. Never been before. Any reviews or suggestions on things to see or do around the marina? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Saint Clair Inn has good food, I like the ribs. It's just north of the bridge , past the city park on M29. I like the River Crab also but you would need to hitch a ride or take your boat up as they do have docks. The Sunday brunch at the River Crab is awesome and reasonably priced. The bowling alley just past the drawbridge on the river can be a lot of fun if the weather is bad. I speak from experience. One rainy afternoon went bowling, had a few cold ones. Not bad, not bad at all.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Very Clean Marina..May want to make reservations as this is a DNR michigan owned marina.. Rates are about $1 a foot...You may want to 'time' your arrival as there is a bridge that opens on the hour and half hour. Can get bored or discouraged waiting on the river for the bridge to open with the strong current.... Better to stay on the wall vs the docs (shorter walk to the pub and restaurants) Great view of the river @ the Voyager, as well as very nice boardwalk. Some shops w/in walking distance as well. Great Pizza and usually entertainment @ Murphys Inn....Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
There is a little riverfront dive bar called the Junction Bouy in Marysville.
They have docks and a patio.
Perch lunch was really really good.
Good drink pour and friendly staff.
Looks like they have live music in the evening.

Junction Bouy
1415 River Rd, Marysville, MI‎ - (810) 364-5730

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I second Murphy's Inn! Great food! The St Clair Art Fair is going on Saturday & Sunday. It's a good one, lots of nautical items! There will be alot of people in town for that!

·
Registered
206 Posts
We spend most weekends at various marinas from Harbor Beach down to Ceder Point
and our favorite is St clair. One of the nicest marinas and real friendly employees. Usually spend 2-3 weekends a summer there and the area is full of good resturants within walking distance. Great marina.

Bill
"Another thou"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts