Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. if you take 94east home from work, avoid it. there was a fatal massive accident just past 16 mile on 94 and they've closed it.

my poor girlfriend is stuck at the front of it with her boat (we were about to go out on it), and i was at walmart. i took 94 w home & saw it...it's really bad. she may be stuck there for quite awhile longer while they investigate it.

please avoid it. 16 mile by there is jacked now cause they're bringing people off the freeway going backwards up the on ramp.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Thanks for the info CK - I'll take Gratiot to pick up Joey later on.

Taking peeps backwards off the ramps? What a mess!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Thanks surfer,

I am suppose to take that way to a buisness meeting in an hour. I appreciate the notice, save me a bunch of time.

Cotty

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I'm in Troy and take 16 all the way home past 94 close to Metro Beach. Is that messed up also? Man, it was a long ride yesterday, not another one.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Moneyshot, stay off of 94 if you want to be home before sundown. From what I hear, it's closed at 16 mile and backed up to 696. The accident is near North River Road.

Try Gratiot or Groesbeck as alternate routes.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jul 18 2003, 03:26 PM)Moneyshot, stay off of 94 if you want to be home before sundown. From what I hear, it's closed at 16 mile and backed up to 696. The accident is near North River Road.

Try Gratiot or Groesbeck as alternate routes.
Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Here's an update... I hope everybody is okay

From clickondetroit.com
The accident at North River Road reportedly involved a car, two tractor-trailers and a lawn company truck that apparently went off the side of the road. Michigan State Police have reportedly blocked the freeway at Metropolitan Parkway (16 Mile Road).

The freeway was shut down around 2 p.m. and officials say it could remain closed until approximately 6 p.m.

Local 4 learned that some drivers were stuck in traffic delays for up to two hours.

There was no word on the extent of the injuries suffered in the accident.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
There is no good way right now to go north!

I left the Tech Center at 3 (just got home a few ago)and was stuck right in the middle of it. Got off at 12 tried wieslling harper that sucked...16 suck gratiot sucks, north river sucks, north ave (groesbeck to you southern folks) sucks!

I need a beer!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I got stuck in that coming home from Record Time. Had to go up the on-ramp from Shook Rd. Took me an hour and a half to get home.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 18 2003, 05:26 PM)There is no good way right now to go north!

I left the Tech Center at 3 (just got home a few ago)and was stuck right in the middle of it. Got off at 12 tried wieslling harper that sucked...16 suck gratiot sucks, north river sucks, north ave (groesbeck to you southern folks) sucks!
How long did it take you to realize I was right behind you?

Every main road, side road, and back road is all backed up. I had to take Harper to South River Road. Ended up at Selfridge, turned left to I-94 and it was smooth sailing from there to New Baltimore.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Took me 2 hours to get home from the Tech Center!

Half hour to get to 14 & Gratiot. 1.5 hours to get from 14 & Gratiot to M-59 & Jefferson...

Wht do these d!ckwads always screw up traffic on sunny Friday nights???

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i can't even leave my apartment cause it's so congested out there! grrrrrrrrr!!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 18 2003, 05:31 PM)QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 18 2003, 05:26 PM) There is no good way right now to go north!

How long did it take you to realize I was right behind you?

Every main road, side road, and back road is all backed up. I had to take Harper to South River Road. Ended up at Selfridge, turned left to I-94 and it was smooth sailing from there to New Baltimore.
When????

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 18 2003, 06:04 PM)When????
From I-94 to Roosevelt.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jul 18 2003, 04:55 PM)i can't even leave my apartment cause it's so congested out there! grrrrrrrrr!!
Same here, traffic is still bumper to bumper! I live right on Groesbeck.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Just got a call from Pauline - said it's plugged up EVERYWHERE on this side of town.

I-94: Fuhgett about it
Jefferson: Fughett about it
Harper: FUHGETT ABOUT IT
13 Mile: Fuhgett about it

Bottom Line: Crack a cold one and sit outside for a few - avoid the roads for another hour or so

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Just made it home myself. Fortunately, 16 mile was okay heading east. But westbound and every crossroad after Grosebeck... waaay backed up. I've never seen anything like it here. Never saw so many rigs on 16! I had my CB on listening to them groan. I do feel their pain.

For those of you who were caught in the back-ups, althought it sucked, be thankfull that you did make it home safe. Those involved in that accident weren't so lucky.

Since Girlie is still at the beach "studying", it's nap time for me

1 - 20 of 52 Posts