Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
We ordered our new pens for the boat show and they came in with the phone number incorrect. We have made many attempts to contact the pen guy and Gary Austin Advertising and left messages in an attempt to try and resolve this complaint directly with the company with our messages left unreturned. They do many other things besides pens so I just wanted to let everyone know just in case you might be thinking of doing business with this company.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I heard that you spent the morning scraping the phone numbers off of the pens and thats the reason why you were late getting to the boat show on Saturday and I really wanted one of those pens after convincer made such a big fuss over how good they were.. I have 8 dinette seat cushions from our boat that the wife wants redone with a vinyl material so that they won't stain so easy.. If I can get a qoute that doesn't break the bank we may beable to do some business and then I can get one of your famous pens.. Let me know what you would need to give me a quote.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(ColPepper @ Feb 16 2010, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard that you spent the morning scraping the phone numbers off of the pens and thats the reason why you were late getting to the boat show on Saturday and I really wanted one of those pens after convincer made such a big fuss over how good they were.. I have 8 dinette seat cushions from our boat that the wife wants redone with a vinyl material so that they won't stain so easy.. If I can get a qoute that doesn't break the bank we may beable to do some business and then I can get one of your famous pens.. Let me know what you would need to give me a quote.

To stop posting in that other thread Dbl Post.....

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Feb 16 2010, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would say that if you have a copy of the order showing the correct Telephone number on the order, then you could take them to small claims court.....
Or make a Pen Gun, and "return" each pen one at a time.

After all, the pen IS mightier than the sword!

What a PITA Andre! Good luck!

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Feb 16 2010, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He didn't fix this for you
What an A S S!
Not yet. Hopefully he will call. wont go new ones for the show but what are you going to do. Hopefully we will have them for the mac ray open house. Good seeing you guys this weekend.

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(ColPepper @ Feb 16 2010, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard that you spent the morning scraping the phone numbers off of the pens and thats the reason why you were late getting to the boat show on Saturday and I really wanted one of those pens after convincer made such a big fuss over how good they were.. I have 8 dinette seat cushions from our boat that the wife wants redone with a vinyl material so that they won't stain so easy.. If I can get a qoute that doesn't break the bank we may beable to do some business and then I can get one of your famous pens.. Let me know what you would need to give me a quote.

Well this is the best time to get them done cause we are slow so we can give you a better deal. You can take picture and e-mail them to me at, [email protected] Or I can meet you at the boat. let me know but for sure now is the best time. In a few weeks we are going ot start to get busy. Hope to talk to you soon. Sorry I missed you at the show. And don't listen to that perfect fit guy.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(The Canvas Cover Man @ Feb 16 2010, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Feb 16 2010, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He didn't fix this for you
What an A S S!
Not yet. Hopefully he will call. wont go new ones for the show but what are you going to do. Hopefully we will have them for the mac ray open house. Good seeing you guys this weekend.

I hope he fixes this for you. It was good seeing you too!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
QUOTE(The Canvas Cover Man @ Feb 16 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(ColPepper @ Feb 16 2010, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard that you spent the morning scraping the phone numbers off of the pens and thats the reason why you were late getting to the boat show on Saturday and I really wanted one of those pens after convincer made such a big fuss over how good they were.. I have 8 dinette seat cushions from our boat that the wife wants redone with a vinyl material so that they won't stain so easy.. If I can get a qoute that doesn't break the bank we may beable to do some business and then I can get one of your famous pens.. Let me know what you would need to give me a quote.

Well this is the best time to get them done cause we are slow so we can give you a better deal. You can take picture and e-mail them to me at, [email protected] Or I can meet you at the boat. let me know but for sure now is the best time. In a few weeks we are going ot start to get busy. Hope to talk to you soon. Sorry I missed you at the show. And don't listen to that perfect fit guy.

I sent you some pictures.. Not sure how big you mail box is so I only sent you a couple.. I can shrink them down to send you more if need be..

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(tcg @ Feb 16 2010, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can you guys leave some pens out so I can steal them in the morning?

I hate to have to buy pens.

Matt
Once they recognize you, I'm sure you can have a couple.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Feb 16 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tcg @ Feb 16 2010, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can you guys leave some pens out so I can steal them in the morning?

Matt
Once they recognize you, I'm sure you can have a couple.

My dad goes down there with us most days. He is in charge of vacuuming a few thousand square feet of carpeting.

He's 74 and can not pass up free yard sticks, pens and calendars.

The yard sticks and rulers have pretty much disappeared at these shows. All he has left are free pens.

Of course if I would pay him more he could afford to buy a pen.

Matt

Naval architecture Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Watercraft Mast

Attachments

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(tcg @ Feb 16 2010, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can you guys leave some pens out so I can steal them in the morning?

Matt
I wont be back there until Friday but Mal and Rob should be able to leave some out for you or else wait until I get back. It's like Rob says, if it's not bolted down, it seems to disappear very quickly. I am sure when they leave they leave some pens out but they are probably gone as soon as they turn there back. Hope to see you at the show.

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(ColPepper @ Feb 16 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Canvas Cover Man @ Feb 16 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(ColPepper @ Feb 16 2010, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard that you spent the morning scraping the phone numbers off of the pens and thats the reason why you were late getting to the boat show on Saturday and I really wanted one of those pens after convincer made such a big fuss over how good they were.. I have 8 dinette seat cushions from our boat that the wife wants redone with a vinyl material so that they won't stain so easy.. If I can get a qoute that doesn't break the bank we may beable to do some business and then I can get one of your famous pens.. Let me know what you would need to give me a quote.

I sent you some pictures.. Not sure how big you mail box is so I only sent you a couple.. I can shrink them down to send you more if need be..

Got them, e-mail sent.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
We got to the show yesterday around 8 am. The lights were off and no one knew when they would be on. We left and went to Hamtramck to get some paczki. When we got back around 10 the lights were on.

This morning we got there at 10 am and the lights were off. Again nobody knew when they would be on. We did as much as we could and then waited for the lights to come on around 11:30.

I was wrong about no free stuff at the show. With the lights off there is plenty of free stuff.

Radios, TVs, water skiis, dinghys, outboard motors. I even got me a free pontoon boat and a talking pirate.

I did steal 3 pens and gave one to my dad. He knows that is his bonus this week.

Matt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.