Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite is a filet or NY strip cooked Medium Rare...YUMMY!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Feb 16 2004, 03:52 PM)My favorite is a filet or NY strip cooked Medium Rare...YUMMY!!
I agree with you MS...filet is best! NEVER cooked past medium...it ruins the meat.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
mmmmmm... i never order my steaks anything other than medium rare.
filet is my #1 fav followed closely by prime rib.

funny, when i was little i had to have it cooked WELL DONE! now, i am appauled when it's medium! lol!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Just made a couple of those Saturday night for Laney and I, the NY strips that is. Medium rare is perfect for me too, of course I added shrimp cocktail, chedder cheese baked potato's and broccolli too. Quite tasty indeed!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
A nice 1.5 inch New York Strip chard hard on the outside and red on the inside......

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Medium rare.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
A bunch of us went to Caper's last night after the Nasar race and I had a New York Strip Steak for .35 an once and it was excellent! I had it cooked medium! Warrm pink center!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(afiremen @ Feb 16 2004, 04:03 PM)A bunch of us went to Caper's last night after the Nasar race and I had a New York Strip Steak for .35 an once and it was excellent! I had it cooked medium! Warrm pink center!

That is the place where you can pick how big you want your steak right? Where is it? I'll have to check it out!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
PS, Moneyshot, I just watched that movie again last night that's in your sig!!

Lmao.... "are you my conscience?"

"yes, I'm your conscience"

·
Registered
2 Posts
anywhere on the trail, pending the travel time, i cook it on my exhaust pipe while driving, a long ride it is medium to well, a shorter ride is med rar to medium, wich i like all of them cause i a am riding while cooking.......

·
Registered
320 Posts
I use to work at Fox & Hounds Restaurant in Bloomfield Hills, and the head chef recommended a Delmonico or ribeye steak. He said the more marbalee (sp?) the steak the juicier and tender it is going to be. While a NY strip might look like a better steak because it has less fat, a lot of times I have found the steak to be without flavor & tuff on the texture.

So, my first choice would be the Delmonico (MR),...I have to say that I do like those steaks the best...expecially, if they have been marinated over night with a nice teriyaki glaze. Second, would be a Filet...MR to M.... top with a Bernaise sauce with spinach and portabello mushrooms!!

Yummy yummy

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
capers is on grosebeck south of elizibeth, the jail. west side of the street. great steakies there any size. mine was med rare butterfly cut

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Captain Snowmobile @ Feb 16 2004, 04:12 PM)anywhere on the trail, pending the travel time, i cook it on my exhaust pipe while driving, a long ride it is medium to well, a shorter ride is med rar to medium, wich i like all of them cause i a am riding while cooking.......
I haven't tried a STEAK, but we have kept food & beverages warm on the engine while traveling. Especially on long rides!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Feb 16 2004, 04:08 PM)QUOTE(afiremen @ Feb 16 2004, 04:03 PM) A bunch of us went to Caper's last night after the Nasar race and I had a New York Strip Steak for .35 an once and it was excellent! I had it cooked medium! Warrm pink center!

That is the place where you can pick how big you want your steak right? Where is it? I'll have to check it out!
Yes it is and you pay extra for everything! If you want a potato with it you pay extra, if you want bread, you pay extra....I went in and had a bowl of french Onion Soup and a 14 oz steak and my bill was around $7 !
It is located on Groesbeck, south of M-59 (Hall rd).

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
QUOTERobynator Posted on Feb 16 2004, 04:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use to work at Fox & Hounds Restaurant in Bloomfield Hills,

Soooooooooooooo,
where is Hoffa????????????????????

C'mon, you can tell us!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Now i am totally craving steak....

Filet Mid-Rare to Mid

Might have to stop at Randazzos on way home and get one to broil after the gym

·
Registered
320 Posts
QUOTE(samson @ Feb 16 2004, 05:02 PM)QUOTERobynator Posted on Feb 16 2004, 04:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use to work at Fox & Hounds Restaurant in Bloomfield Hills,

Soooooooooooooo,
where is Hoffa????????????????????

C'mon, you can tell us!!!

He was last seen at the RED FOX....they were all owned by the same guy, but he passed away many years ago. He owned the Sly Fox, Red Fox, Fox & Hounds, and others. When he died, he donated all his money to the Cancer Foundation. He offered Kevin Downey (the owner of Fox & Hounds now) first bids to the Fox & Hounds. He started out as a bus boy and worked his way up to be a manager. Mr. Castle (the original owner) liked his ambition and gave it to him for really, really cheap.......Just a little history for ya!!

It was a fun restaurant to work at with lots of interesting people, ie: Pistons, Bill Bonds just to name a few.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts