Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing awesome on the Huron, up until this past weekend. Last week, my crew and I hooked 11 fish. Landed 6 steelie's and 1 Salmon. I couldn't believe how good the salmon looked for so late in the season. It has been hot and heavy for the last 2 months, and after this last rain, I think we will have another great weekend. If we dont slam them on Saturday, I would like to go to the Clinton to check it out. So let me know if you think its worth the trip. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
QUOTE(sweedishpimp @ Dec 15 2009, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have been doing awesome on the Huron, up until this past weekend. Last week, my crew and I hooked 11 fish. Landed 6 steelie's and 1 Salmon. I couldn't believe how good the salmon looked for so late in the season. It has been hot and heavy for the last 2 months, and after this last rain, I think we will have another great weekend. If we dont slam them on Saturday, I would like to go to the Clinton to check it out. So let me know if you think its worth the trip. Thanks.

well, i fish the clinton at least 3times a week for the last 2 months, and no steel
where do you fish at on the huron? ive tried there too with no luck
ive tried single eggs and wax worms.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(StillRob @ Dec 15 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sweedishpimp @ Dec 15 2009, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have been doing awesome on the Huron, up until this past weekend. Last week, my crew and I hooked 11 fish. Landed 6 steelie's and 1 Salmon. I couldn't believe how good the salmon looked for so late in the season. It has been hot and heavy for the last 2 months, and after this last rain, I think we will have another great weekend. If we dont slam them on Saturday, I would like to go to the Clinton to check it out. So let me know if you think its worth the trip. Thanks.

well, i fish the clinton at least 3times a week for the last 2 months, and no steel
where do you fish at on the huron? ive tried there too with no luck
ive tried single eggs and wax worms.

I PM'ed you a spot that should get you going, but if you dont get into a fish right away, stick with it to the bitter end. I cant tell you how many trips we have landed steel on the "last cast"

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Nice job sweedish.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I would save the trip right now. I've only heard of a few steelies getting caught. I myself managed to catch one but that was back in the second week of October. I would wait till they start running around Feb-March.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts