Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
If any of you guys get in the northwest Indiana area and want to catch some of these Steelies, let me know. I can give some good ideas on where to start and what to use. I live in Michigan City IN and we have them within 1 mile from my house.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its still silly

15 for 28 plus 3 eyes

had one steely 11 lb on main line and 6 lber on slider, got them both in on 10 lb test on a walleye pole-its was fun

finished the day with a triple header

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sillier everyday4 hours out-2 guys

30 in boat over 60 on

plus
3 walleye10 sheap
3 silver bass
and a 4 lb smally-29 feet down in 55 feet water of rigger

mini are you reading this

when we going?

wont last forever

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we run 2 riggers and 2 dipsies

everyday both have caught fish, but riggers about 2/3 of them

some days dipseies get 20-30 % of catch

and other days it40-50%

have heard guys using leadcore and also drop weights with success

we have been fishing 29-42 down

·
Registered
236 Posts
Fife,

Friends of the family invited us to Erieau for a couple of days this weekend. They said, "Go ahead, bring your boat." I've never fished the area before, but was told there are basically two choices: a protected bay on one side of the harbor and open Erie water out from the pier. I'm certainly not asking for coordinates, but wonder whether you might share some general info about fishing the area. I have riggers and other trolling tackle and want to try for the steelhead, but will likely have some kids with me who might rather cast or drift fish, too.

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.