Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were wondering why the neighborhood had cops in it and why the helicopter was flying over again. They found a Sterling Hgts Officer shot and slumped over the wheel of his patrol car in the Target/Showcase parking lot on 15/Van ****.

The Officer is in surgery right now at St. John's Macomb (old South Macomb).

My prayers to the Officer for a full recovery and to his coworkers to catch the Bons of a Sitche that did this.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I drove by there at 10pm and the was a huge, HUGE police presence. I didn't know what it was all about, but I do now. My prayers to the officer and his family. I need to find out who it was, I have two friends that are officers in Sterling Hts.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Kinda scary! We were leaving our girls school fair at Dodge Park and 16 mile and saw 5 police cars surrounding a red camero....was wondering what that was all about. Saw the news and found out why! Our prayers are with that police officer as well!! We don't need that stuff happening in our neighborhood

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
sad

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Geez! I used to go to that Target ALL the time. Makes it even scarier when its a place you know well.

G

·
Channel 4's news just said he's on life support...
A witness saw a white man lean into the driver's side of the police car, then get into a dark red camaro driven by another white man.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Hopefully the red camero mentioned by DI-firstmate is the same one the witness saw.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
i hope everything is ok, my prayer to him and his family.
sorry to here of this terrible incident, what a shame.
GOD Bless.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Second hand info and I hope I'm wrong but this is what I heard. Often accounts of something like this are false so I'm really hoping this is the case here.

Bad news I believe he has passed away this morning. They never caught they guy/guys that did it. Also heard that he was writing up a ticket and the passanger got out of the car and shot him in the face with a shotgun.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jun 5 2004, 08:27 AM)Being a police officer is a very dangerous profession.

My prayers go out to him for a full recovery...
this is very sad!

my prayers go out to his wife and very young child.....

·
Registered
696 Posts
Although not mentioned in the Freep article I had heard from a Warren officer that the slain officers service revolver was taken after the shooting.

Scary times we live in and my heart goes out to his family and fellow officers!!!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
USED to live there? I do! (17 and VanDyke)....

Unreal, SH is one of the safest cities in the country to live in, at least it used to be.

Mini

1 - 20 of 59 Posts