Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were wondering why the neighborhood had cops in it and why the helicopter was flying over again. They found a Sterling Hgts Officer shot and slumped over the wheel of his patrol car in the Target/Showcase parking lot on 15/Van ****.

The Officer is in surgery right now at St. John's Macomb (old South Macomb).

My prayers to the Officer for a full recovery and to his coworkers to catch the Bons of a Sitche that did this.

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Jun 7 2004, 08:09 AM)Unreal, SH is one of the safest cities in the country to live in, at least it used to be.
This is a sad story. I knew Officer Sawyers through my work and he was a very personable and liked Officer.

Sterling Hgts is one of the safest cities to live in according to what is actually reported. Otherwise, it is becoming very scary. I know after living in the city 33 years, wife and I are looking at Clinton or Harrison Twps.

Porta Party, yes, the perp did in fact take Mark's duty weapon after shooting him, execution style. It is believed when the witness saw the perp leaning in through the busted out passenger side window, that he was taking the weapon at the time.

Thank God for a concerned citizen being there. Otherwise, this could have been completely different with no suspects.

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The a$$hole who is believed to have shot Mark is still on the run.

He drives a 1994 red Camaro, with license plate number YSR 497. He is 33-year-old Timothy Berner, of Clinton Twp.

After shooting Mark, he went to teh vehicle and took his service weapon. So needless to say, he is consindered armed and dangerous.

For all of you that go all over, here is a picture of Tim Berner.

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
QUOTE(carguysautosales @ Jun 7 2004, 07:22 PM)where did you get that info and picture? and why cant anyone find this person as of yet?what kind of record does this animal have?
The only place I have been able to find the picture so far is on the wxyz site. The freep carried it on sunday in print, but not online. As for Berner's record, from what I have read and heard, nothing more than some traffic infractions. Definately nothing that would lead up to this.

I am still curious as to the reason for his taking the duty weapon AFTER he shot Mark. With a head shot, he sure dosent have to worry about return fire. I am thinking that he took it as a "trophy" and hence am thinking it might have been some sort of initiation for something. Afterall, it was done in execution style and there is no known contact between Berner and Ofc. Sawyers. Not in Sterling Hgts nor when he was on DPD for 3 years in the 2nd prec.

It just dosent make any sense no matter which way you try and figure it out.

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
He escaped from the East Pointe house with the help of a white female, with shoulder length blonde hair, driver a gold colored Cirrus.

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
At least now Mark's family can have some closure. SUre would have been nice to be able to put this a-hole on trial though. SO much for being a big man, the weak coward. Cant wait to hear a statement from Berner's family. I have no sympathy for them cause of him.

Wonder who's house he was hiding out at? Somebody had to have been protecting him since the shooting.

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.