Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· LSCN Sponsor
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this random leak that only seams to happen when it's really windy. Just started a few weeks ago, then again a couple nights ago. It's ruining my bedroom ceiling & floor!!

Anyone out there ever have this problem, or know about roofing??

HELP!!

· LSCN Sponsor
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the roof & all LOOKS well. Got up in the attic & looked at everything nearby w/a flashlight. Other than some very wet insulation in one small spot, I can't find anything else. OR, anything leading to that spot. I pulled up the insulation so it could dry out.

· LSCN Sponsor
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are TOOOOO FUNNY!!

It would be GREAT if you guys can come by! Give me a call!

Thanks!

· LSCN Sponsor
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(jetski @ Oct 16 2003, 09:30 PM)Do you have a ridge vent on your roof? Sometimes with enough wind the water will blow up the shingles and enter in though the vent
I have "vents" . . . that are full of birds nests. Not sure what a "ridge vent" is?

· LSCN Sponsor
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Oct 16 2003, 11:24 PM)A ridge vent runs along the peak of the roof and is about an inch or so taller then the normal roof surface. The idea is to have a vent at the highest point of the roof where the heat gets trapped.

He is not talking about the square tin vents.
Nope! Don't got any of those!

· LSCN Sponsor
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(rfdeiter @ Oct 17 2003, 08:31 AM)Roof vents and birds nests don't mix well.
Is THAT what's causing the leak??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.