Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please keep an eye out.

Posting this for Stazi. Pisses me off that someone would steal it as he let me and others use it over the years!!!!

Stolen from a marina (Chesterfield). Keep your eyes open for a 28-29 ft. aluminum double axle trailer with the words Load Master and Pirate Marine on the frame [a lot of dumb thieves ...out there so I'm ...hoping these distinguishing marks still might be there]. It has black bunks and no side rails.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts

will definitely keep an eye out.

take heart tho....Van Thomm's a big nursery on 23 mile east of 94 - new baltimore/chesterfied- ish...I dont know..anyways someone stole their TRUCK.
they put a cash reward notice on their business sign...and lo and behold...the sign now says
"we've got our truck back, Thank You !"

hopefully your bud gets his back too.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Hey, that sounds like the one I just picked up for really cheap!!

Just kidding!!!

I would be pissed and I will keep my eye out for it. I am really suprised more marinas are not fenced in to prevent this kind of stuff.

Good Luck

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
People are pathetic. I was at the launch yesterday and some guy was going to load his 28' boat and found that someone stole his winch handle on his trailer. The boat is large so he absolutely needs the winch to get it on the trailer. He had to leave his wife and the boat at the launch to go and buy a handle that would crank the boat up. He exclaimed to another boater there that was the second handle that was stolen this year at the launch. What a bummer, and how stupid can people be?

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Oct 21 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some people really suck

I hope it turns up.

One word for them SCUM

Sure do hope it's found.....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Isn't there a lock at the hitch to keep people from just hooking it up to their truck?

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Snowbi-Wan @ Oct 22 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Isn't there a lock at the hitch to keep people from just hooking it up to their truck?

There is, but this marina does not allow it as they have to move the trailers around.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Snowbi-Wan @ Oct 22 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Isn't there a lock at the hitch to keep people from just hooking it up to their truck?
Most trailers have a lockable ball receiver. But not everyone puts a lock on it. I used to, just as a matter of course. Also had a lock for the hitch on the truck.

If the ball receiver is locked open, you can still put it on a hitch and take it away. If it's locked closed it's a little tougher, but a determined thief could pull it off.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTEStazi the Aussie

post Oct 18 2009, 08:30 PM

Went to pull my boat out today to winterise it, but when I searched the marina lot for my Loadmaster, I come to find that some **** stole it! Sometime between Labor Day and today someone drove onto the marina lot, hooked it up and drove it away. I would've locked it but the previoues owners of the marina (it recently changed hands) wouldn't let anyone put hitch locks on their trailers as it hindered them from moving them around whenever they wanted to - so effectively this cost me my trailer.

I have insurance but my deductible is $500 so that blows!

I hope the people that stole it crash their boat and drown!

It's a twin axle Aluminum I-beam trailer with single piece fenders with blue bottom paint splotches on it (by me) and it say "Pirate Marine" in black letter and "LOADMASTER" along the frame towards the front, on both sides. It has black carpeted bunks, 2 rows of two, and a single semi-transparent blue roller up front. If you see this trailer please call 911 as I reported it stolen. Please call me too: 810-217-7483

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Seems to me like your insurance company could get the $500 to cover your deductible from the marina - like when an accident is not your fault? If the marina didn't provide a safe secure storage and wouldn't allow the lock, they should be liable. Just keep b*tchin' at them until they crack! they're probably in on it anyways

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Now THAT's karma !!!

QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 21 2009, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey, that sounds like the one I just picked up for really cheap!!

Just kidding!!!

I would be pissed and I will keep my eye out for it. I am really suprised more marinas are not fenced in to prevent this kind of stuff.

Good Luck

QUOTE(The Patriot @ Nov 2 2009, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, I went to pull my boat yesterday and the trailer was gone from the marina. This is a 24hr secured marina. Please keep your eyes out for it. It is an Eagle Trailer set up for a 1991 Sea Ray 250 Sundancer and has black carpets on the bunks and the steps by the fender.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 22 2009, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the ball receiver is locked open, you can still put it on a hitch and take it away. If it's locked closed it's a little tougher, but a determined thief could pull it off.
You can't stop a determined thief, but you can discourage them. I lock the ball receiver closed and run a cable lock though one of the wheels and around the frame. Cheap "insurance."

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
QUOTE(SEMIJim @ Nov 7 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 22 2009, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the ball receiver is locked open, you can still put it on a hitch and take it away. If it's locked closed it's a little tougher, but a determined thief could pull it off.
You can't stop a determined thief, but you can discourage them. I lock the ball receiver closed and run a cable lock though one of the wheels and around the frame. Cheap "insurance."

Exactly!
What is with stolen trailers in Michigan? Scrap metal?

I would look for a new marina.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.