Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Stoney Creek today (2-20-10) 12pm-4pm. 300 feet straight in front of guard tower at Eastwood Beach, 12 FOW, cloudy, 13" of ice. Minnows and wax worms on small tear drop jig heads.

4 dink perch, 1 dink sunny, one bite off, and then this!!!

Organism Fish Wood Seafood Fin

26" pike on whippy 24" Ugly Stik and 4lb test. Got his head near the hole and he decides to jump into the shanty and thrash around looking for the exit. Gets my old heart a thumping every time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
that's whats neat about Stoney. Never know what is coming thru the hole

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Feb 20 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's whats neat about Stoney. Never know what is coming thru the hole

You've got that right, today our crew pulled up a 26 1/2" walleye at Stony. It was caught on a tip-up baited with a sucker, originally set for pike, but hey, we'll take that wallygator over a pike any day. Sorry, no pics, my brother took pics with his phone, now if we can only get them to a computer, don't know if that can be done from his phone. If we get that accomplished I'll post them later.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(b_radici @ Feb 20 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's a musky, not a pike!!!
j/k sweet catch, never know what you're gonna get

That's no musky, it's a northern. I don't think there's any musky in Stony. Never heard of one being caught there....ever.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
QUOTE(rubbnsmoke @ Feb 20 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(b_radici @ Feb 20 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's a musky, not a pike!!!

That's no musky, it's a northern. I don't think there's any musky in Stony. Never heard of one being caught there....ever.

I know it's not a musky, note the j/k after the smiley face

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(b_radici @ Feb 20 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(rubbnsmoke @ Feb 20 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(b_radici @ Feb 20 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's a musky, not a pike!!!

I know it's not a musky, note the j/k after the smiley face

Ooops, didn't notice it. doh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts