Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a few questions about the ice at stoney. i know there is 2 dams there how does this effect the ice??? I know it wont freeze by the dams but will the middle freeze over or is there to much currennt?? also i know stoney has lots of weeds is there any place fishable? Plan on heading out this weekend for walleye pike n some crappie any tips on bait or location will also be greatly aprecatied thank you and god bless.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
If you know were the weeds are try fishing just outside of them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE(Walleye_Guy @ Jan 6 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got a few questions about the ice at stoney. i know there is 2 dams there how does this effect the ice??? I know it wont freeze by the dams but will the middle freeze over or is there to much currennt?? also i know stoney has lots of weeds is there any place fishable? Plan on heading out this weekend for walleye pike n some crappie any tips on bait or location will also be greatly aprecatied thank you and god bless.

Hi Walleye Guy Stoney creek hard to fish in the winter for one they drop the water level I think it is 6FT. ( It is suppose to help control weeds) and someone said a couple days ago they are working on the south dam, so just think there is no water where there use to be water and all these fish have to find a new place to live. I love fishing there in the summer but winter I never had any luck , never saw anybody catch anything worth keeping, just hear you should of been here Monday crap stories.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE(the tank @ Jan 6 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Walleye Guy Stoney creek hard to fish in the winter for one they drop the water level I think it is 6FT. ( It is suppose to help control weeds) and someone said a couple days ago they are working on the south dam, so just think there is no water where there use to be water and all these fish have to find a new place to live. I love fishing there in the summer but winter I never had any luck , never saw anybody catch anything worth keeping, just hear you should of been here Monday crap stories.

So if they have to find a new place to live they're not leaving the lake are they? They're there somewhere, thats why they call it fishing and not catching. If it was easy everyone would be out there pounding them. I will be out there tomorrow morning after work doing some exploring to see if I can find their new place of residence lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I plan on going to stoney creek tommarrow and what color bucket should i use so the best eating fish in the lake jump out of the hole and land in it?
all the panfish are suspended in deep water as of 3 to 5:30 today.. 5 - 7 ft down below the ice in anywheres from 10 to 15 deep.. U have a better chance hookin Nessie the Loch Ness then a walleye from the reports ive gathered..

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE(Dagger33 @ Jan 6 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I plan on going to stoney creek tommarrow and what color bucket should i use so the best eating fish in the lake jump out of the hole and land in it?
all the panfish are suspended in deep water as of 3 to 5:30 today.. 5 - 7 ft down below the ice in anywheres from 10 to 15 deep.. U have a better chance hookin Nessie the Loch Ness then a walleye from the reports ive gathered..

they say the dnr put fish beds in there somewhere. i have yet to find them but will continue to search. anyone know of the locations

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE(northern ******* 2 @ Jan 7 2010, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Dagger33 @ Jan 6 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I plan on going to stoney creek tommarrow and what color bucket should i use so the best eating fish in the lake jump out of the hole and land in it?

they say the dnr put fish beds in there somewhere. i have yet to find them but will continue to search. anyone know of the locations

hey NorthernRedneck I seen a map where it shows the panfish structure left of the south dam closer to shore but several times in the summer I tried finding them `with a depth finder with no luck there is supposely two of them.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
there was a structure off the boat launch, just off the point to the right. Left of the ramp towards the dam it gets deep, a flasher is real helpful there

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE(SteelheadGeorge @ Jan 7 2010, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what beach do you guys fish at? do you guys ever try stoney on 28 n mound can someone give me some info because i dont live far from there and i would really appreciate it.

Thats the upper inpoundment it usually produces small sunfish you will see a couple fishermen, Most fishermen fish the beach by the boat launch it closer to the channel and has more structure I believe it is called Baypoint Beach even though I caught alot of walleye at the other beach in the summer toward evening.

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE(SteelheadGeorge @ Jan 7 2010, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what beach do you guys fish at? do you guys ever try stoney on 28 n mound can someone give me some info because i dont live far from there and i would really appreciate it.

Thats the upper inpoundment it usually produces small sunfish you will see a couple fishermen, Most fishermen fish the beach by the boat launch it closer to the channel and has more structure I believe it is called Baypoint Beach even though I caught alot of walleye at the other beach in the summer toward evening.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts