Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that Stony Creek has some good walleye fishing.We might give it a try this weekend. Any tips or a spot to start would be appreciated.

Thank You!

Randy

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I would suggest working the south end by the dam and bridge. There's a 10 mph speed limit which is great. I would use 4lb. test. Just tie a 1/8 or 1/16 oz. jig add a crawler or minnow and hold on. Deep is the way to go. Early and Late should be the best. Good luck and post a report here.

h2o<---says enjoy and CATCH!!!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Stoney creek is super clear? Never has been. Visibility at best is 4 ft. Sometimes maybe 5ft.

South dam part is correct, but don't expect more than a couple at best. Certainly not a limit.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Last time i was there it was gin clear that was last year.

h2o<--good swimming beach there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
South dam is a good place to start. iv caught walleyes on hot n tots a harnness. like mike said dont expect a limit but the walleyes iv caught there averaged 19 to 20"There is a book of lake maps called the sports connection they sell it at meijers and wallmart in the sporting goods.Stoney creek is in there along with alot of lakes in the area

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey desi--whats up? Stoney is not real great for walleyes in my opinion. I have caught pike, largemouth and bluegills there but no walleyes.

there is a good bass area jsut out from the public launch about 200 feet and then off to the right at the end of a submerged point.

Good for pike up near the upper damn/waterfall, jsut whre the stram opens out wide to the lake.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Went to Stoney for a couple of hours this morning. Caught a 23-25" pike on a crankbait and moments later I got a 36-38" 11lb 0oz brute of a pike on a crawler harness.

H2O, are you talking about Stoney Creek metro park in Shelby Twp. as being gin clear? Today was 3-4ft visibilty.
I've been going there for 40 years and its never been "gin clear". I've never seen it better than 6ft.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Fantastic fish mike, wtg, nice catch. I could be thinking of it being gin clear when i was ice-fishing there I'm sure it's not clear all the time your the one who knows best for sure. Thanks for clearing (lol) that up. Good Job. A river feeds that lake and run off would make it dirty. I like the speed limit on that lake, sure makes it better. To bad we can't fish it @ night.

h2o

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yeah, its a tad clearer in the winter but not alot. Of course if it rains alot it is dirtier from its feeder streams.

Fishing at night would be great but got to be off by 10pm in the summer and 8pm in the winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts