Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the family to Stony Creek for some picnicing and fishing this weekend. Any one know of any decent fishing spots close to a picnic area? We'll probably use lures and bait so any advice about proper lures would also be appreciated.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
The North Dam is always a good spot to try. I have no idea how close to the picnic area that is though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I actually prefer 2 areas by the south damn, a few hundred yards from picknic areas.

Walleye area: South Damn abouth 10 yards east of the damn from shore you can cast into 21 feet of water. Small (2-3" Jigs) 1/4 oz or smaller and plastic worms carolina rig slow presentation usually works. Crawler presentations usually work as well...

Crappie area: Boat storage, you'll see a small brick water work building. Casting offshore 30-40 feet out is 11-12 feet of water. Usa a float with maribu jigs or deer hair jigs... You'll have to play for awhile with the depth that you suspend the lure since crappie a suspending fish. Usually 3-6' from the surface work best this time of year. Emerald shinners work best....

Catfish areas: Near the boat launch there is a wooden dock that juts into the water... this fishing doc is very close to picknic area. Another good cat location is along the shore on the west side of the south damn. Floating crawlers about 1' off the bottom works well.

North Damn: The North Damn isn't to far from picknic areas, but I see several perople bring their own small grills and setup right near the damn. The water is very shallow all around this area and very good for large carp, pan fish and bass. In the current of the damn this time of year I have pulled a few walleyes from the damn's current with slip bobber crawler presentations, also with cranks walleye divers and hot-n-tots. (Chrome and perch patterns), might also find pike in the calm water along the damn's walls with twisters. (white)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts