Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blizzard like conditions set up with the dynamics for a major snow storm eminate.
6+ as bands set up with high winds. Look for drifts building during this storm. A slow mover lasting 24 hrs. Starting Tuesday @ noon.

Batton down the hatchs. No school Wed.

h2o

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Feb 7 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It will be a good fishing day! Thanks for the warning.

Take a compass or GPS with ya. With the wind they're calling for, visibility will probably be pretty poor.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Tuesday: Snow. High near 26. Calm wind becoming east northeast between 15 and 18 mph. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Only calling for less than an inch.... however, I really hope that your right H20 because in all honesty, I really could use the money.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yea my lifes in your hands LOL on second thought wife at home lets get lost oh wait wait wait 3 year old girl and 5 month old boy too cute get me home LOL.... getting antsy might actually see a tooth critter!!!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(bigfisherman101 @ Feb 7 2010, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is this true?? Where did u here it from?

I'm not capable of a lie. lol

Weather is my hobby.

Base Station Royal Oak is where I recieve my data.

h2o

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Thanks Greg, the usws isn't predicting any sizeable accumulation yet for some reason.

Jim

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
My sources are predicting 4-6" so H2O speakith the truth. Whether or not we get that remains to be seen of course. The Airport says we have had 16" this year but I bet you a hot fudge sundae that we have had no more than 6-8" total all year here in SCS.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Bingo!

From the time of my last post till now, things have changed dramatically.

Tuesday: Periods of snow. High near 26. Calm wind becoming east northeast between 13 and 16 mph. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. Blustery, with a northeast wind between 18 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Awesome, I cant wait.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yeah man same here, this winter has been really tough on my wife and I. I know alot of other guys are hurting right now too, so im trying not to complain too much about it. Running a small biz can make you want to run for the hills at times thats for sure.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hey bother at least you have a job lol as bad as it is to say my wife supports me ( not complaining love spending time with the lil ones) but im going nuts cooped up in side ill do ALMOST anything for a job right now!!!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
QUOTE(Washington Lawn @ Feb 7 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>was never calling h20 a liar, i assure you.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?l...nit=0&lg=en

NOAA for Macomb County, Washington,MI

NOAA is now calling for 1-2" so im assuming that NOAA is adjusting as we get closer to Tues. Beleive me, Hearing 6" plus of snow is probably the best news ive heard all winter.

Never even gave thought to that Washington Lawn. Just gave a Warning for all to prepare. Get them $$$$ brother. OBTW gust could go to 40mph. A unusual set up with this system. A big low is ejected out of colorado linking with a huge cold front falling across Mich. This gives massive energy to this system. Can't wait as storms like this excite h2o. I drive my wife nuts..lol

h2o

me

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
QUOTE(h2o @ Feb 7 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Washington Lawn @ Feb 7 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>was never calling h20 a liar, i assure you.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?l...nit=0&lg=en

NOAA for Macomb County, Washington,MI

NOAA is now calling for 1-2" so im assuming that NOAA is adjusting as we get closer to Tues. Beleive me, Hearing 6" plus of snow is probably the best news ive heard all winter.

Never even gave thought to that Washington Lawn. Just gave a Warning for all to prepare. Get them $$$$ brother. OBTW gust could go to 40mph. A unusual set up with this system. A big low is ejected out of colorado linking with a huge cold front falling across Mich. This gives massive energy to this system. Can't wait as storms like this excite h2o. I drive my wife nuts..lol

h2o

me

I agree Greg, I love storms like this. Most of my family and friends think I'm nuts, but there's nothing like a good thunderstorm or snow storm

1 - 20 of 40 Posts