Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
If anchoring or docking in Canadian waters you need their permission. the Indians over by Seaway have rights (supposedly) over what goes on, too.

At one time I had a pamphlet from the Indians over there about what you can and cannot do. I'll have to dig around on my boat and see if I still have it.

As for Strawberry it has always been my understanding that it is privately owned. I wouldn't stay. I've never seen anybody camping out there either.

Yeah, you can stay on Sand Island if you want to get beat up all night.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
The rumor is that Strawberry is privately owned. I would aim for Gull to be safe. Our islands are vanishing rapidly!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(spacelord @ Aug 5 2004, 12:14 PM)you'd kinda wet camping at Sand Island...
Sleeping with the fishes.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
If you have never been to Kelly's Island near Put-in bay that is a pretty cool spot and more for a quieter family adventure. There is even a mini grand canyon there where a glacier went across it a million years ago, not sure if they have a camp ground or not but they may ? If you get bored there it's a hop skip and a jump from put-in bay and cedar point !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.