Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew hit the trailer button on my boat to raise the prop (which I never trailer or use) and I am not sure of the reprocussions of this action. I trimmed all the way down and it looks normal but it seems like its riding differently. Maybe its just me being paranoid. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
All the trailer button does is pull the outdrive to top most position so the skag doesn't hit the concrete when trailering. When you lowered the drive all the way down, all you did was lower it to the bottom most position. You did nothing to harm the system. Question though, when you are underway, do you ever adjust your trim after you come on plane or during turns? If you don't, you should. Trim adjustment is there to enhance the ride and performance of the boat. The reason I ask is that from your previous post, it doesn't sound like you use your trim at all.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You should try adjusting your adjusting your trim while underway. It's there there to make for a better ride.

·
12,052 Posts
If you drive in the trailer position it is VERY hard on the 'U' joints.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Try your trim down all the way until your on plane then, bump it up watching the trim gauge if you have one. You will feel your bow come up and can back off on throttle for most efficient ride. If you leave it all the way down your probably pushing your bow down pretty hard while underway, feeling every little wave also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts