Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a huge fight w/ my 17 yr old this morning over the snow on her car, I feel compelled to start this thread

I look out the door and see her car completley covered in snow except for a VERY small part of the front windshield, where she has cleared a spot the size of a baseketball
and she fully expects to drive that way

After she left I couldn't help but remember doing stupid sh$t like that when I was a teenager

anyone else???

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
ummmmm for me, the list would be a lot shorter if it were, the smart things you did as a teenager.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh and for the record..............I didn;t let her drive it that way.....BUT....I had to clear off her car for her

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Hell, I do that now.
Once you start moving, the wind will blow most of the rest off.

This one time, at band camp....

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I got one for you Lisa.......

THE most stupid thing I ever did as a teen driver.....Jumping my `74 Impala over the

second bridge on Anchor Bay Drive...Several times...Ultimatly I wound up crashing

that car on the third telephone pole on the left after going over the first bridge

one night in Febuary of `85.....After drinking a case of beer and doing valiums...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Riding on the hood of my friends car as he drove down the street.

As if that wasn't dumb enough, he was going too fast so I jumped off.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Jan 5 2004, 11:41 AM)I got one for you Lisa.......

THE most stupid thing I ever did as a teen driver.....Jumping my `74 Impala over the

second bridge on Anchor Bay Drive...Several times...Ultimatly I wound up crashing

that car on the third telephone pole on the left after going over the first bridge

one night in Febuary of `85.....After drinking a case of beer and doing valiums...
OMG...........LMAO

I think some kid on this road has tried that recently!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Togic @ Jan 5 2004, 11:57 AM)Riding on the hood of my friends car as he drove down the street.
I actually did that also

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
let's see... i recall two quite vividly, also involving cars.

i was 15 and had my permit. parents gone for the night. me and my girlfriend decided to take my dad's car that he always parked on the street just for a joyride. when we got back, the neighbor had parked in the place where my dad's car was. BUSTED!

another time, 16, told the parents were going to bennigans. was really driving to the campground we part owned at the time. well, car engine blew up....at merriman road. when i called my dad, needless to say i knew i was in trouble when he dropped the phone and started swearing first in finn (cause he's finnish) then in korean (he had served in the war). yeah, i was in BIG trouble. grounded all summer!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I once went up north w/ my friend Kim in her Dodge Dart that had NO heat. ( in the winter of course) we drove the whole way w/ our hats, gloves, blankets etc, wrapped around us. We were like 16 and just wanted the freedom.
I don;t even think we had that much money ???

I think it was crazy now but back then is was awesome

·
Registered
991 Posts
14 years old a group of us would "borrow" our parents cars and go driving through the sub division. Needless to say, one of my friends screwing around smashed my parents car sideways into a snow bank and caved the quarter panel in. Took them 3 days to see it and my idiot buddies tried to pull the dent out with a dent puller so they wouldn't notice. Took the blame for 2 years before finally blowing the whistle on my buddy. I think if one of my kids were to pull the same stunt there would be no driver liscense for a couple extra years.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Umm tell me if this qualifies.....

Dad gets a new vette....
I want to take it out one night.....
My father being the nice man that he is, says yes.....
I'm drivin and think I'm a harda$$...
The telephone pole I hit was a bit harder.....

Hear my mom say the "F" word for the third time in my LIFE...
Dad doesn't talk to me for a week....
$6,000 in damage....

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
It was not uncommon for my best friend and I to grab a case of beer and cruse around until the case was gone. This was at the tender age of 17. How we never end up hurt, dead or in jail I'll never know. What can I say we where young, dumb and invincible.

When I was a bit older but not any smarter I consumed 4 or 5 long island ice teas on a night out. I was the one that drove that night. I would have let one of my slightly more sober buds drive but I had my 400HP Camaro, not the junker. The Camaro had a modified automatic trans that had to be shifted manually. In my state I wasn't about to teach someone how to drive it. Again I got away with it but it was defiantly stupid.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I road home on the hood of a buddies car from a keg party/graduation.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for beauitful women. I gave her my seat in front and road the hood during a thunderstorm, wow, was the rain really coming down.

I don't think I would have remembered that night so well if it weren't for that stunt.

Winter of 1985, New Years eve, friends and me drinking all parents whiskey and vodka while riding down snow slide in front of the house that my brother and I made(took 3 weeks to build).

What a hangover after throwing up all night. Hangover lasted a week. I didn't touch Jack Daniels for 11 years after that.

I will look for the pictures of the snow slde, you will sh!t when you see it.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I think I'll wait to see what Traveler posts......let him fess up first

Puppetshow, you have me remembering stuff.....I was bad

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Togic @ Jan 5 2004, 11:57 AM)Riding on the hood of my friends car as he drove down the street.

As if that wasn't dumb enough, he was going too fast so I jumped off.

I used to love Car Surfing!!!

Until the Cops caught us and took me home...I'll NEVER forget the look on my Dad's face
, nor will I forget the lecture he gave to me

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
first day of driving independently

went to Stoney Creek with my girlfriend
couple of doobs and a bud of hash
boones farm

got into an accident coming home on 26 & gratiot (one of those tricky 4 ways) thank god noone was hurt or killed ~ dad's new car was just about totalled in the accident and Mr. Sudds was not happy when the cops called him.

smoking a one hitter in the bathroom in high school
(how stupid is that???)

prank phone call night - was pretty funny until we decided to prank call the operators - when they wouldn't disconnect the call until our parents got on the phone I didn't think it was so funny <_<

·
Registered
353 Posts
OK - always at the Ski slopes:

1. Too many Mexican Stogies one night at Mt. Holly. Had to drive home with the passenger tires in the gravel and the driver tires on the road to make sure I didn't drift into oncoming traffic.

2. Lost my sisters car keys at Mt. Holly - car sat there for 2 days until they keys were found - by my friend in the woods we used for partying, while we were skiing! (hooked with my friends for a ride out - parents and sis did not know where I was!!)

·
LSCN Sponsor
328 Posts
Detroit Tigers "Roar of 84"

I Lived rather close to Gratiot and I could here all the comotion near the end of the game. I was suppose to be watching my little brother (heck he was like 14) My parents were at a wedding.

"Borrowed" Dads new car to do "one" short little lap on Gratiot and got caught in the 2 hour traffic jam. Needless to say they beat me home and I don't remember seeing the outside world for some time.

But it was so worth it!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I never did anything stupid as a teenager, I saved all that crap for my 20's. Like the time I had a few Pabst and left a bar at 330am in the sleet and figured since the Wrangler had 4WD, I would be fine. You know what, it did work fine, right up until I wrapped it around that telephone pole.

The only funny part of it all was that the lamp came down off the pole and landed on my windshield.

Fortunate for me, I had friends in the vicinity who helped me move the sucker before any of the authorities from the police station 8 blocks away noticed!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts