Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn! It finally arrived. Saturday as we were heading over to MacRay's I stood up and the air felt really warm. Then we got in the water and it was refreshing. I mean it is July. It is about time...

Yesterday was awesome up @ Munchies (Anchor Bay). Had a great group of boats tied up. Thanks to Area51 for letting me dink around the bay with that new inflatable. That was awesome. Some good swimming, drinks, food & friends. The weather was great. A little wind at the end of the day, but all in all just a fantastic weekend.

Did anyone take some pics yesterday?

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Yes, JULY!!!

Here is a little video of the F/A-18 on Saturday. Those things are frickin' AWESOME!!!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I whooped it up so much on Saturday, yesterday was a bust for me. I didn't emerge from the cabin until about 4pm so I missed a lot of yesterday
But did get to enjoy a dinghy ride (thanks Roy), cleared my head quite a bit.

·
Registered
600 Posts
It was a great weekend. Even though I had to work Saturday, we made the best of it. Bill and Stephanie, you are welcome, you can use it anytime. Thanks for the hook up at MacRay's.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Awesome vid. AP! I think towards the end there that F-18 breaks the sound barrier right over you....???? not sure but, sure sounded like it and the white ring moving front to back on the jet..... anyone think so too or am I full of it?? lol

I guess he could have been just under.... close though.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(searay28 @ Jul 13 2009, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is the water warm at munchies ?.

It was fine. Hey when the sun is out and hot like it was yesterday it felt awesome. When the wind picked up later in the day it was crazy but the water felt so much warmer than the air.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 13 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Around the 6:10 part of that video it's sweet!

Agreed. Wow!

We were at Eastern Market and they were making turns above us, people were flipping out. There's no warning they come in so quick and it's incredibly loud.

Bill, I have a few shirts to drop of soon, maybe today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Mohawk @ Jul 13 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Awesome vid. AP! I think towards the end there that F-18 breaks the sound barrier right over you....???? not sure but, sure sounded like it and the white ring moving front to back on the jet..... anyone think so too or am I full of it?? lol

Thanks. It was as impressive as it always is! WOW!

My understanding, limited as it may be, is that all maneuvers would have to be subsonic. Too much disruption and broken stuff otherwise. Still, it is amazing how the sounds literally seems like it can't keep up!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(GaryDebs @ Jul 13 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cold last night!
Cool nights, warm days -- Perfect!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
This was in today's New York Post. Talk about a bird's eye view!

YIKES! THIS IS PLANE SCARY

By ANDY GELLER, WIRES
Last updated: 9:49 am
July 13, 2009
Posted: 1:18 am
July 13, 2009

Now this is a close shave.

An F-18 Navy jet passes an apartment building yesterday during a spectacular flyover staged as part of the hugely popular hydroplane races in Detroit.

The low-flying jet, based at the Oceana Naval Air Station in Virginia, provided thrills to the thousands of spectators who lined the Detroit River to watch the three days of races.

The American Power Boat Association Gold Cup -- considered the crown jewel by powerboat racers -- is the oldest motorsports trophy in the world.

The races feature spectacular modern hydroplanes, as well as vintage vessels.

Sky Building Cloud Aerospace manufacturer Urban design

Attachments

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(Mohawk @ Jul 13 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Awesome vid. AP! I think towards the end there that F-18 breaks the sound barrier right over you....???? not sure but, sure sounded like it and the white ring moving front to back on the jet..... anyone think so too or am I full of it?? lol

I can't see the video must be on YouTube, but from my experience when a jet breaks the barrier they tend to make a vapor ring that looks like smoke.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Flyovers are very cool, but WHO is paying for this entertainment??? Oh, that is right........ it was part of the OBAMA STIMULUS package
Couldn't WE have spent this money in a more practical way? But who is counting anyways............

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(GPP PIMP @ Jul 13 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Flyovers are very cool, but WHO is paying for this entertainment??? Oh, that is right........ it was part of the OBAMA STIMULUS package
Couldn't WE have spent this money in a more practical way? But who is counting anyways............
I think it's more or less a recruiting tool. I hate waste too, but don't think this was out of line. I sure enjoyed it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts