Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Lost the port engine on the way home from the moot Saturday. Limped to the Hottie Fest on one engine. Left it in the service well at Shipwreck Marine Service, going down there Monday morning to figure it out.

The engine bogged and died just like it did last year when we blew 3 of em. We got it started in the well but couldn't keep it running so I don't think it's totally fried. Was making a grinding clunck when trying to start (starter or flywheel?)

Discouraging.

Was supposed to take it for our first all weekend overnighter to Sarnia Bayfest, looks like that's gonna be a car trip now - POOP!!!!

Gonna be needing some invites to the moot for the rest of the year - anyone???

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

For the moot, you can always park at the turnaround on Harsen's Island and just walk out there.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
duece--you and amy are the one of the most generous in invites! i wish you the BEST of LUCK!!!
let's get that engine finished & up n runnning SOOON!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jul 13 2003, 08:36 PM)duece--you and amy are the one of the most generous in invites! i wish you the BEST of LUCK!!!
let's get that engine finished & up n runnning SOOON!

I agree CK ~ they are always so welcoming to peeps coming out with them on the boat. I hope you guys get the boat up & runing again soon.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
nothing worse than having to have boat in service and not be able to use it been there a few times , with old boat . iam docked at jacks and usually take dogs out there for a few hours and hang , on sat , only have a 24 ft but have room for couple people , just e mail me if you , need a lift , more fun partying with more people anyways, that and wife said she wanted to meet more friends that like to boat ,,,

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hopefully Joanne will be able to have the guys get it going before the summer is totally gone.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you..
Thanks again for all the generousity you and amy have shown us...not just this weekend but all the time...what great people you are and what good friends we have made in the two of you.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
You guys can ride with us, we dont raft in the gauntlet but close by. We were with Hammer and company this weekend. We wont be going this weekend but will be Sunday the 27th. Pm me or Email me if you want to ride with us.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Deuce that sucks man. Hopefully it isn't anything major. Drop me a PM, we'll figure something out for Bayfest. I'm sure with the 11 wells I have we can find room for you and Amy to sleep on the boats.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank James, I think we may have a new boat ride out there, the other couple we are supposed to go with have some friends with a large boat that expressed interest in going, so we are going to get them tickets and hopefully ride with them. I have one extra ticket and am looking for another. I think they are still available on line but if you know anyone who want to get rid of a ticket let me know.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
No problem dude, if anything changes, just let me know and we'll take care of you guys. I don't know anyone with extra tickets right now but if I come across 1 I'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Boats are a pain in the a$$. Sorry to hear about it, man!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 14 2003, 10:11 AM)
Boats are a pain in the a$$. Sorry to hear about it, man!
That's why I don't have one. Well, that, and the lack of fundage. <_<

·
Registered
190 Posts
Deuce, that sucks! Well as a fellow ECH'r you guys are welcome to jump on the JJII whenever she goes out! I hope to be selling her soon
but until then...the party goes on!
PM me for my cell if/when you are interested...
Jen

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ Jul 13 2003, 05:59 PM)Lost the port engine on the way home from the moot Saturday. Limped to the Hottie Fest on one engine. Left it in the service well at Shipwreck Marine Service, going down there Monday morning to figure it out.

The engine bogged and died just like it did last year when we blew 3 of em. We got it started in the well but couldn't keep it running so I don't think it's totally fried. Was making a grinding clunck when trying to start (starter or flywheel?)

Discouraging.

Was supposed to take it for our first all weekend overnighter to Sarnia Bayfest, looks like that's gonna be a car trip now - POOP!!!!

Gonna be needing some invites to the moot for the rest of the year - anyone???
Call Tom at Bocca Grande 586-463-2622 (Tom is the owner and mechanic) I blew an engine and he found a used one that matched the other engine and installed it within 1 week. I was relieved when I got the BILL it was very reasonable. He is one of the top racers on MOCA and has one the KEY WEST RACE and many other races he is a full servie marine mechanic. He is next to lands ends on the clinton river. He also has about 75 boat wells in his Marina. I've had 5 boats and 18 years of running around the lake, and every time I tell somewone that needs service about Tom they tell me Tom did it quick and cheap and correct. I've never owned a new boat and have a ton of tools and do most my own work starter water pumps sea pumps altenators but out drives engines gimbles and other stuff I leave to the Pros like Tom. Also Tom only has one other Mechanic with 20 years experience not a kid out of high school I mean real mechanics. Ps I had a friend that went to Jefferson Beach and had his out drive rebuilt 2 in one summer and 1 once the next summer I asked if he had triple engines he told me it was a single engine I asked about the warrenty he said there wasn't one. I suggest you ask about one if installing the new motor If doing it you self call MURRYS They sell rebuilt boat motors Bring your make and model and registration I'm not kidding the have a marine division. They send you a motor that matches to the store narrest you.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
As one who has done a TON of research on replacing/rebuilding motors over the past winter, I found the least expensive/most reliable is through a local builder.
The least expensive/most reliable person I found was Len, the owner of Millennyum Marine at Crocker/Jefferson. He has a GREAT reputation, very easy to work with, gives a 12 month warranty and gave me the best deal on the lake! 586-468-7361.
Tell him you are with LSCN!!
He'll come out for free & give you a good idea what you're dealing with.
Good luck!

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jul 14 2003, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As one who has done a TON of research on replacing/rebuilding motors over the past winter, I found the least expensive/most reliable is through a local builder.
The least expensive/most reliable person I found was Len, the owner of Millennyum Marine at Crocker/Jefferson. He has a GREAT reputation, very easy to work with, gives a 12 month warranty and gave me the best deal on the lake! 586-468-7361.
Tell him you are with LSCN!!
He'll come out for free & give you a good idea what you're dealing with.
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts