Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did the time go?
So I'm registering for classes for the fall semester and it dosen't look fun. I will have fifteen credit hours. I'm taking a third level French class, Antropology, Chemistry, and my 'fun' class - Comparative Religions.
I also have to maintain a 3.5 GPA to keep my position as an officer of my honor society and participate in at least eighty percent of the activities that they have planned.

Someone save me!

Are there other college students on the board who can sympathize???

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I can help out with the second and fourth class. I never have really been interested in learning to talk like a cheese eating whine-o, and chemistry, ummm, just no.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Don't remind me.

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(Veronique @ Jul 22 2003, 12:58 PM)Where did the time go?
So I'm registering for classes for the fall semester and it dosen't look fun. I will have fifteen credit hours. I'm taking a third level French class, Antropology, Chemistry, and my 'fun' class - Comparative Religions.
I also have to maintain a 3.5 GPA to keep my position as an officer of my honor society and participate in at least eighty percent of the activities that they have planned.

Someone save me!

Are there other college students on the board who can sympathize???
i feel your pain. i'm going back in a couple of weeks to start finishing up my bachelors. got 12 credits lined up for this semester, while having a 6 and 4 year old running around and a third on the way. not sure how long the wife is gonna be understanding when she hears, "cant help clean the house, gotta study" for the umpteenth time. i'm 35 and prolly will be considered the old timer in each class. hahaha, oh well, this time next year, i'll be wrapping the degree up and throwing a bash that ya'll will be invited to!!!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Haven't decided if I'm taking the next class in MBA or not; my tuition reimbursement is no longer a factor in life...

Can't keep charging everything!!

Was soooooooo nice not thinking about school these last few weeks, though!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I can totally relate. I'm in an accelerated Bachelor's program right now and I pretty much live, eat, sleep, and breathe homework.

Good thing is 4 more weeks to go then a month break. Then one more quarter and I have my Bachelor's Degree. Yeah!

And it IS hard - I'm a single mom with two kids, and work full time. And still squeeze in one hell of a social life in there too. Guess I'll catch up on sleep when I'm dead! LOL

Kudos to everyone doin' the right thing - it's a lot of discipline and a lot of $$, but you can't put a price on the pride of having your degree.

Speaking of which, I've got to get back to my stupid term paper <_<

Ciao!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
yuck school hate going but when iam done with class and pass allwys feel better about self . for going.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 22 2003, 01:08 PM)Don't remind me.

Don't worry I will!!!

Whohoo! A couple of nights with no Snowmaker around!! This means I will actually be able to use the computer at home. Whohoo! Who woulda thought.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Jul 22 2003, 03:13 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 22 2003, 01:08 PM) Don't remind me.

Don't worry I will!!!

Whohoo! A couple of nights with no Snowmaker around!! This means I will actually be able to use the computer at home. Whohoo! Who woulda thought.

·
Registered
622 Posts
QUOTEI'm taking a third level French class, Antropology, Chemistry

I have taken a lot of Chemistry, but that was back in the 70's...I dont get flashbacks anymore.

Whoa, did you see that?!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
QUOTE(Bassneck @ Jul 22 2003, 03:20 PM)QUOTEI'm taking a third level French class, Antropology, Chemistry

I have taken a lot of Chemistry, but that was back in the 70's...I dont get flashbacks anymore.

Whoa, did you see that?!
LMFAO ... look at all the pretty colours!

·
Registered
187 Posts
You had to bring it up..... I was already having a miserable day as it was. I don't want to go back... I'm sick, I have a cold/flu. The dog ate it, I swear... 8 more classes and that's it, until my I start my MBA, now you got me thinking about an MBA... My brain hurts. I need a drink....

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Now the bad news - the payoff for all that hard work is a little box with a pc and no window - yippee!

Hopefully you're studying something you really enjoy and it's physical, not virtual. Nothing is as boring as working on a computer all day long. I think I'm going to become Amish.

But seriously, enjoy school. Back in the Sixties when I went to Wayne State and Oakland U., I would get really sick of school and my night job in a sporting goods store. When Summer came, I would get a construction job to earn real cash for the next school year (my folks said they wouldn't charge me rent if I was a fulltime student but they didn't pay for school). After three months of busting my a$$ I was always ready to go back to the books!

Real life is a bitch.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i was going to start my MBA part time this fall, but i decided to wait one more year. i have been out of school for only 2.5 years, and i am just not ready to start again...but whether i like it or not or if i am ready or not, i am starting it next fall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts