Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Same report, 3rd day. Fished between huron point and the st clair light from 635 till 10. Caught 6 walleye, 2 perch and 2 rock bass. All came on gold blade harnesses with red beads. Speed was 1.5 - 2.1, using 1.5, 2, and WallySteve brought his 3oz bb's. 17 - 18' Had better luck finding the bottom, I think I was letting out to much line.

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
I fished the same line last Friday. The bugs were murder, twice I pulled the lines and gassed up trying to getaway from them. Saturday It took 3 hours to clean and vacume them up.

I caught a few nice perch but they were betweeen a lot of dinks, Blueberry muffin bladed harness. I had a big Big fish on but all that came up was the harness lead, I tie my harnesses with 17# stren. Thats twice this year for being bitten off.

A bit later I switched over to my musky gear and caught a small musky on a Believer(Bass) far out in front of the 400 towers.

Draino

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
nice work i would love to get out and do some eye fishing but im hooked on muskie fishing lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
AM or PM?

nice Fish- - I am waiting for a good weather report then I am out there

QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Aug 17 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Same report, 3rd day. Fished between huron point and the st clair light from 635 till 10. Caught 6 walleye, 2 perch and 2 rock bass. All came on gold blade harnesses with red beads. Speed was 1.5 - 2.1, using 1.5, 2, and WallySteve brought his 3oz bb's. 17 - 18' Had better luck finding the bottom, I think I was letting out to much line. Got a pic but can't get it small enough to download.

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE(Draino @ Aug 17 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I fished the same line last Friday. The bugs were murder, twice I pulled the lines and gassed up trying to getaway from them. Saturday It took 3 hours to clean and vacume them up.

Draino

Get yourself a can of outdoor insect fogger. Spray the inside and the gunnels of the boat. It will work for several hours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.