Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water about 2pm today with my fishing bud. Same area and technique as reported Friday. Had to throw one back as we ended the day with a double header just after 7pm to reach our walleye limit. Also harvested a dozen or so nice perch and caught and released a small ski. Had quite a variance in walleye sizes today.
Food Seafood Cuisine Fish Animal product

Water Boat Shorts Vertebrate Mammal

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Jul 20 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That sounds like to me that is almost to the "wreck" is it not? Just N of the St Clair light... The light is about 6-6.5miles SE of Metro. Nice catch.

Don't know if its the wreck, however we were just under 3 miles from the St. Clair Lt when I checked the gps distance yesterday.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Dirtstick63 @ Jul 20 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great catch. I didn't read your previous post, and was not going to search back, but where did you say you were catching these?

Good job again,

Thanks,
Mark

Approx 4 miles from entrance to Metro when heading straight for the St. Clair Lt.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I don't think I was exactly where he was, but I was in the general area and caught 2 nice eyes and 3 big perch yesterday in 30 minutes before the rain. He has given enough info that you should be able to get on some fish if you put some time in. I will say this - the fish seemed to be in VERY tight schools. You need to cover some water and if you hit a fish, mark it on the GPS and go back over that mark if no more action for 5 minutes. Also the next tip - WATCH YOUR GRAPH. Yesterday we had all 4 rods down by the weed tops and were taking perch but no eyes. When we had a lull in the perch action, I noticed suspended fish 10 feet down on the graph. I put out 2 planers with 1 oz in-lines and only 25 feet of line and took the two eyes we caught on one pass. Those harnesses could not have been more than 8 feet down over 19 fow. 10 minutes later we got ran off by the storm or I think we would have put a few more in the box.

The fish are out there but are very scattered and very tight. Use your graph, put out your lures at multiple depths until you hit a fish, and then change a few rods over to the winning program.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Also - Thanks Double J for the info you provided. It helped me put a nice dinner on the table.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Its good to see that little guy caught a few. I was afraid that you might have to have double in your name to catch some, lol. I wont be able to hit the area you guys are talking about, but im hoping to pick up a few in the yak from the daysail launch, im just waiting for some fishable weather.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Jul 21 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wonder if this is possible or not? When a person catches a lot of nice looking fish, is it possible for that persom to give a gps coord? That way it give me and others a better idea of the location..... Just an idea...

I use gps coordinates for a general location. Remember that I troll at approx 1.5 mph and am not catching fish at an exact waypoint each pass. Sometimes I make passes 3/4 of a mile each side of my waypoints. Thats alot of water. I believe I have given good enough directions as to not have 100 boats sitting on 1 spot.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.