Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Capt'n Chris - LakeStClair.net
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the day my motorcycles went away for the winter. Damn this state. I've been trying to talk AmieLou into moving to a warm climate for years now. Everytime my motorcylces have to go away... I start to shake... I slip into a depressed state... I begin to put on weight. I'm a total wreck. I know all of you go through the same process with your boats, and I should be grateful that I get to use my bikes for just a little longer than a boat, but I'm not. Cold weather sucks.

I know there are a lot of people that are going to try and convince me that winter has a lot of great activities to offer also. Save your breath.

I can't wait for Tuesday night at T-N-T's. We all know the first week of winter blues is the worst.

T.T.F.N.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Bummer Chris.
Now if only you could find a supprot group to hang out and drink your sorrows away with.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Today was a great day to go for a ride. If I didn't wake up at CaptPeglegs house at 10:30 just to go over to another friends house to watch the Lions game with some other friends and drink alot more beer, I would have taken my bike out.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts

Go buy some snowmobiles.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Went for a three+ hour ride today. Went with a group of about 8, all sportbikes.
696 to 275 to North Territorial past Pickney, thru Whitmore lake, bach thru Milford to a 100+mph 696 blast. Saw 160+mph

That should get me thru till spring............I hope.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
to bad theres no where close to rent snowmobiles....

hey wasnt a while back someone suggesting whirlyball ? get together..would be a fun winter thing to do if we can get enough people.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts

I feel for ya, buddy. I went out and STARTED the Saleen today. It brought tears to my eyes. I may still get a spin or two outta her this year, but it's really no fun driving it when it's not a nice day

I hate winter. Grrrr. Brrrr.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Nov 23 2003, 10:00 PM)QUOTE(All Jacked Up @ Nov 23 2003, 08:17 PM) ... I would have taken my bike out.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I hear ya, after a long ride yesterday, I put mine away too. I'm lucky enough to have a walk out basement, so I'm able to get the bike thru the door wall. At least I can work on it, if not look at it when I go down stairs in the off season.

·
Capt'n Chris - LakeStClair.net
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have snowmobiles... they just don't cut the mustard. Know what I mean? Like speedfreak says, once you get used to 160+ mph breakouts... snowmobiles don't provide what your looking for. You can however, drink a lot more beer when snowmobiling.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i had a real bad weekend, i put my gsxr away but also pandora came out of the water this weekend...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I never actually put the bike away. I dont winterize it so-to-speak.
Anytime it gets above, say 50 degrees in the winter, I try to take it for at least a ride around the block. Just to keep everything working & rust free. As long as the roads arent too sloppy, although we DID get caught in the rain alittle yesterday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts