Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out in the morning with all the hussle and bussle and did pretty poorly in 5.5 fow. Went back out in the afternoon about 2 after things settled down and did much better. Moved 3 times and finally landed on a consistant spot. Drilled the hole in 5 fow and looked down it and said "this is gonna be good" Right on the edge of sand and a standing weedbed. Man I love clear ice
Non stop action for the last 2 hours of light.

Jigging raps tipped with a spike on the nose. Ficious jig with a waxie or 2 spikes. Jigging spoon with bead was dead today
Biggest was 10 inches. Choked up 3inch minnows on the way up. Note to file.

Ice was 10 inches in most of my spots. 8 inches 350-400 yards out

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(islander @ Feb 1 2010, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went out in the morning with all the hussle and bussle and did pretty poorly in 5.5 fow. Went back out in the afternoon about 2 after things settled down and did much better. Moved 3 times and finally landed on a consistant spot. Drilled the hole in 5 fow and looked down it and said "this is gonna be good" Right on the edge of sand and a standing weedbed. Man I love clear ice
Non stop action for the last 2 hours of light.

Jigging raps tipped with a spike on the nose. Ficious jig with a waxie or 2 spikes. Jigging spoon with bead was dead today
Biggest was 10 inches. Choked up 3inch minnows on the way up. Note to file.

Ice was 10 inches in most of my spots. 8 inches 350-400 yards out

Nice report and catch. I launched the quad at selfridge and was planning on heading that way but ended up going towards the barracks instead. Apparently that was a poor decision considering I got the skunk on keepers there.
Plenty of action the last hour but all small. I am gonna try and get over to cotton this week though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts