Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather permitting I was thinking of overnighting in the Baltimore Hy on Sunday. I know some of you have shown an interest in this. I think it would be great. This is the spot I was thinking of. It gets shallow in this area outside the deep. I am not sure it would be a great spot for swimming, but anchoring and overnighting would be fine. Maybe if we anchor the sterns in the deep we can dive it off the back? It's quiet and no wake zone.

Any thoughts, concerns or suggestions. Let me know.

Newbies to LSCN are always welcome to these get together's. Come on out and have a good time on our beautiful Baltimore.

Water resources Water Ecoregion Map Body of water

Attachments

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
Sounds like a kick-a$$ plan to me!

I might even have a new wash mitt for the boat. One with 4 legs and a cotton tail.

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is the best route AP. Hug that 6a bouy and follow that route you see 5-6' all the way into the mouth of the Baltimore.

Ken, I was thinking of bowing into the shallow a bit and keep the stern in deep for deep water diving. Should be fun.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Man, that sounds like a plan

If everything works out we'll be there.

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
QUOTE(Skipper @ Sep 2 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are there power lines over head??

My mast would'nt get under them.
Yes there is an overhead power line. The chart says it's 60' high, and based on this photo (note the red X's), that looks about right. BUT you'll have to make that call for yourself.

View attachment 66222

View attachment 66223

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Don't think we can do the overnight thing with the kids. Not sure where you plan on anchoring for the night but maybe an afternoon raft where the Baltimore Highway dumps into Anchor Bay? We did this a few weeks ago and had a great time.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
So, about 135° from bouy 6a in the North Channel? I didn't realize there was a 6a... does it say 6a on it, or just 6, or what?

I may stop by for a bit and say hi... I probably won't be staying the night, but who knows! I was planning on muscamoot and browns on sunday, maybe i'll stop by afterwards. I haven't spent the night on the boat enough this year.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
This could be cool, I have only been through there 1 time and it was cuz I was exploring blindly in teh cruiser last year. Wanted to do more this year but with all the crappy weather its been a no-go...

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.