Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I know there are some of you peeps that have children, as do I (one 8 yr. old). We (Sandy, Myself, and Nathan) will be taking the Mothership out to Metro on Sunday, pending nice weather. I would like to moor up in an area that has picnic tables, maybe a playground, an open field for playing ball, you get the picture. This is a open invitation for anybody that would like to participate. Stop in with the kids, stop in w/o kids, it really dosen't matter. I'm open for ideas. Reply here or PM me.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Mr. Big @ Jun 6 2003, 11:50 AM)Hey all. I know there are some of you peeps that have children, as do I (one 8 yr. old). We (Sandy, Myself, and Nathan) will be taking the Mothership out to Metro on Sunday, pending nice weather. I would like to moor up in an area that has picnic tables, maybe a playground, an open field for playing ball, you get the picture. This is a open invitation for anybody that would like to participate. Stop in with the kids, stop in w/o kids, it really dosen't matter. I'm open for ideas. Reply here or PM me.
That sounds like fun Mike! I've got Michael (11), Julianne (15) w/her friend Ashley. We could be out there mid-afternoon.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Weather providing, we'll be out there or at least stop by. IF the weather holds up we are planning on being on the boat by tomorrow afternoon and then again on Sunday. Pyrate Jim and I have two (David 7 1/2 and Erin 4 1/2).
Let us know where you plan on tying up - the finger docks or the wall or wherever.
Our boat name is Shallow Pockets.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Keep it on Ch. 69 and we'llbe calling for ya.

PyrateJim

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool everybody! I haven't zeroed in on a location quite yet, but with Metro you really can't go wrong anywhere. I'll try to localize with other peeps as the days pass. We all need to start praying to the sun gods for great weather!

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
hey all,

we just had a birthday party for our daughter a couple of weeks ago and rented "shelter 1". it's just a few feet from the seawall and you can tie up very close. there's also basketball courts, open field, etc.

if the weather cooperates, we'll be there sunday afternoon.

gus calandrino

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have been wanting to get to Metro so this could be a good reason to do so! I'd likely have my two sons ages 7 and 9 with me. I would definately need some assistance tying up to the seawall if i went that route - could I hail on Channel 69 for help? If I ended up in the docks does anyone know if they allow bow in docking or do they require stern in? Thanks.

G

·
Metro doesn't have any rules concerning bow-in or stern-in docking, so whatever you're comfortable with is OK. As for hailing for help, if everyone is out on the docks, you may not get an answer unless someone has a handheld. If no answer, you can look for us along the seawall or cruise by the docks and yell. Maybe everyone can describe their boats so you have something to look for. We are a white (with green red and purple stripes) 336 Formula with "L8R G8R" and an alligator on the side. P-29's is pretty hard to miss if he's there - 29 Scarab with yellow on one side, red on the other.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Jun 6 2003, 08:12 PM)Saleena & I might be up for this-

by land w/ kids

what time are you going??
Actually, we may be able to go by boat...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
As I said earlier, weather cooperating, we'll be there with our 7 year old son and 4 year old daughter.
We have a green on white, 1988 SeaRay Sundancer 270. Name on the stern is "Shallow Pockets". We'll also keep the radio on #69 as long as we are in the boat.

What about trying to get in the first marina closest to the lake? They have power and it is close to the seawall for those who want to tie up there.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great everyone lets keep'em comin. PyrateJim had mentioned the first marina off the seawall, not a bad idea. It's a good place to start, and close to the bathrooms if I remember correctly. So far if the weather holds, we'll probably have a good turnout. We'll probably be bringing a variety of snacks and juices on board. I didn't know if anybody was wanting to cookout or whatever. Hopefully we can grab a picnic table and go from there.

BTW, peeps without kids ARE allowed to stop on by!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not to scare anybody, but something to keep in mind.

WEATHER FOR FUNDAY

Sunday : Partly cloudy in the morning. Scattered strong thunderstorms developing later in the day. Isolated severe weather is possible. High 72F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Lets make in the best of it!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
ok guys, biggie smalls (aka mr. big) has talked me and the russ-master to join him and the crew on the boat tomorrow!! Very excited since i haven't seen anyone in a few weeks. Hopefully the weather will be good, what do weathermen know anyhow???

Either way it's gonna be in the 70s, so rain and shine, get your buttz out there!!

CBJ & WARDEN!!!!!!! I hope i see ya, i miss you guys

Tatoo Todd, not so much miss, but hope to see as well...LOL!!

Dookie, Snowflake, Pauligan, Slow Eddie, Shannie Doggie, Mini-me, Max the dancing machine........hope to see you guys as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts