Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave it my best today as the weather actually turned out quite nice today. Got to Crocker launch at 10:00 AM and there were only five trailers in the lot? Guess most knew better but I expected a bunch of folks at least trying for perch? Probably saw only 10 people out fishing and trolled from Crocker all the way up to the Salt. Stopped to cast there awhile but it was all "chocolate milk." There were a few spots that were clearing up - mostly near shore but it was really churned up. Probably about 6 inches of visability. Water temp was 50 degrees. Had one rip where I must have hit a Musky's nose in front of Metro but that was it for the day. Really a bummer as we are so limited on these nice days remaining. Could have been my last time for the year but we'll have to hope for some good weekend weather but we know that is hard to come by in November. Water level was really down at Crocker but normal I guess for this time of year. Hope we get a nice wet winter again to get those water levels up again!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also fished sunday for musky. Started at Sault from there went to Fair Haven, Horseshoe,Grassy and ended at Crooker and only one follow for all our efforts. But given the chance I'd do it all again!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
QUOTE(musky50 @ Oct 26 2009, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I also fished sunday for musky. Started at Sault from there went to Fair Haven, Horseshoe,Grassy and ended at Crooker and only one follow for all our efforts. But given the chance I'd do it all again!

You started fishing in the St Mary's River...near International Bridge??

You covered a lot of water in a day. That has to be a record of some sorts.

PS - Heard they had to set down a USCG chopper near Alpena, recently. Were you on that flight? that had to be exciting.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
East wind must have messed things up on the W side. Thanks for the report.

Still, a bad day at the lake beats a good day working, like my day...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts