Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started fishing around 8:00am...and it was non stop for about 2 1/2 hours..before a short lull.and they would go again..only moved 3 or 4 times..same location as stated in
pryor post..many big fish threw out the day..we ended up with 75 in the cooler and tossed about just as many...fish were up to 12 inches..and my gal pal landed a couple
nice hog smallouth with direction from the boss of course...pics below

yr to date perch totals 804

cheers
liv4lkstclair

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
We got on the water at 7:00am fished all over the lake we were not able to get out of the dinks we must have got 80 fish 1-14" and 2-8" Perch. 1 - 3 to 4lb small mouth Bass. My last spot was fishing 300' from liv4lkstclair him and his friend must have been sitting on a hole where all the perch in the lake are. They were running pole to pole it was fun to watch Nice Job liv4lkstclair.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tazzman714 @ Aug 17 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We got on the water at 7:00am fished all over the lake we were not able to get out of the dinks we must have got 80 fish 1-14" and 2-8" Perch. 1 - 3 to 4lb small mouth Bass. My last spot was fishing 300' from liv4lkstclair him and his friend must have been sitting on a hole where all the perch in the lake are. They were running pole to pole it was fun to watch Nice Job liv4lkstclair.

hi tazz

glad you stopped by to say hey...remember what i said was the key...you know

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
you can definitely have fish every week for almost the entire year. it's always good to have some stock throughout the winter, if you dont ice fish.

Well done again!!!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
nice job out there. Good report.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Great job as usual. You sure do have a knack for finding them. Might get out wed if weather holds out to try my luck again. Have to put a lenght of chain on my anchor,as boat keeps yanking it loose. Have not been into them since we were out there. Keep up the good work. Dave

·
Registered
88 Posts
QUOTE(liv4lkstclair @ Aug 17 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tazzman714 @ Aug 17 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We got on the water at 7:00am fished all over the lake we were not able to get out of the dinks we must have got 80 fish 1-14" and 2-8" Perch. 1 - 3 to 4lb small mouth Bass. My last spot was fishing 300' from liv4lkstclair him and his friend must have been sitting on a hole where all the perch in the lake are. They were running pole to pole it was fun to watch Nice Job liv4lkstclair.

hi tazz

glad you stopped by to say hey...remember what i said was the key...you know

my hats off to you liv4lkstclair!!!! helluva catch and one helluva searon your having! do you offer lessons? lol I hope to get out next week. The wifey gonna let me out to play with the perch.

·
Registered
117 Posts
QUOTE(Tazzman714 @ Aug 17 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We got on the water at 7:00am fished all over the lake we were not able to get out of the dinks we must have got 80 fish 1-14" and 2-8" Perch. 1 - 3 to 4lb small mouth Bass. My last spot was fishing 300' from liv4lkstclair him and his friend must have been sitting on a hole where all the perch in the lake are. They were running pole to pole it was fun to watch Nice Job liv4lkstclair.

If I get entangled with those dinks like that I use them for bait and play with the bass. Some days there's no escape. Go figure but I've never had that much luck with a perch rig. I just use a minnow or half a crawler with a split shot 6" above the bait and bounce the bait off the bottom with an ultra-light rod. The big perch feel like weeds a lot of times - like they just grab it and sit there. My biggest trouble lately out there has been a bite-off at least once or twice a trip.

I'm jealous of that cooler... cook up some polenta grits and fry dem perch. Ahhh....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.