Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out early with the wife, went straight to the light in search of Perch. Couldnt get to the exact spot where I was Thursday A.M. very windy and lots of people, didnt get nothing, started working our way back to the 400 club stopping along the way in 17-20 ft. NOTHING!
Got to the 400 club, (11 FT.) and cleaned house on Smallies. My wife actually got 2 at once on a Perch rig. I got 2 Perch at once plenty of times but never 2 Smallies.

Let the smallies go, kept 4 Perch. Strange Thursday A.M. 30-40 Perch, Sun. A.M. NOTHING!

Still not one Gobie one canoli in the boat!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well after 2 months of being down to a blown lower Merc Unit I too made it out for the first time yesterday. Tried outside of the rock wall at the Harley Ensign and came up with nothing. From there we noticed a crowd of boats off the tip of Strawberry Island. We immediately began marking a huge school of perch with lots of larger fish under them. A few casts later with the Shad Raps we began hooking into some nice smallies around the 2 to 3 pound range. After a couple of hours and about 12 fish later we retreated due to darkening skies but hope to get back out on Wednesday.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We found Perch by the light again on Mon afternoon, about 15 in 2 hours, plus a bonus two 20 inch walleyes. Then the storm kicked our asses all the way to the boat launch good times

1 - 3 of 3 Posts